Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playback: Ronan Kelly

Options
  • 06-12-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭

I've heard him on the Doc On One etc over the years but never on an 'up to date' programme.
    He did Playback this morning which I presume he scripted himself.
    For me it was a breath of fresh air. He didn't really do the giggly stuff that Ruth and more so Marion had as fillers between clips, but instead seemed to have researched each bit he played. In my opinion his preview of the MLOD clip is a classic.
    On the downside he apparently works with the LL sometimes. Hopefully Joes style of broadcasting won't influence him too much.
    Before anyone comments, I have no connection with the guy. It's just his presenting style caught my attention before I knew/realised who he was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

I thought he was quite good also,but the eulogising of MLOD was a bit annoying !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah. I can't stand her contributions but the way he described it was dead on I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Doc on One is far more "up to date" than a lot of what is broadcast on Radio One these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Montefiore

The Doc on One series is a real gem in Irish public service broadcasting. It's the type of show that makes me believe in the concept of paying a licence fee for quality programming.

There is much genuine criticism that can be thrown at RTE. The Doc on One show isn't really a weak point in their output. With the app I've learned about the communist party of Ireland in the 70's, the sad story of a bachelor farmer from Galway, a day in the life of a barber, how new immigrants feel about Ireland.

It's good stuff.

Advertisement