Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

penis cleaning

• 22-10-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey

How do you clean your penis?

Do you use a certain soap, a shower gel?a cloth,bare hands,a loofa?
    Do you shampoo your balls

Im interested in what other guys do to keep down there fresh and clean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

This isn't AH so can we leave the stupid wisecracks at the door please

Cheers

DrG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

My mum cleans mine every sat evening. Never look forward to it though, as she uses Parazone and wire wool and a damn good scrub. One thing for sure, it stays clean and sterile for the week and very much out of trouble. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Dr Galen wrote: »
    This isn't AH so can we leave the stupid wisecracks at the door please

Cheers

DrG

That really goes against my natural instincts here.
    It takes a lot to subdue the urge in a thread like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I just use shower gel. Nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    That really goes against my natural instincts here.
    It takes a lot to subdue the urge in a thread like this.

its a legitimate question,how many times have you ever watched other guys clean their bits or how many times have you talked to people regarding how they clean their bits? the answer is probably no times.. so im sure many of us have picked up different techniques or products that get the job done,myself i just use shower gel but i did read soemthing online last week that it can be bad for the skin down there on your head so im just wondering what other guys are doin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I just use shower gel wouldnt fancy going any more extravagant than that really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

I wash it in the sink with my most hated house mates tooth brush,I love doin it as she is such a fussy clean freak........and np I'm not joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I just put it in her mouth after she has brushed her teeth and used mouthwash, Then its all minty clean afterwards.

heavyballs wrote: »
    I wash it in the sink with my most hated house mates tooth brush,I love doin it as she is such a fussy clean freak........and np I'm not joking

madness! the thought of scrubbing around it with a toothbrush makes me cringe,its just too sensitive down there to be doin that,add to that all the bacteria and germs from your housemates mouth that will be on the toothbrush and its just a bad idea to do it.. your little fella is probably in a terrible state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

heavyballs wrote: »
    Imagine she found out. She'd think you were a disgusting weirdo and the worst possible type of person to share a home with.

Soap and water. Rub bellend and under foreskin with finger. If finger smells of fish, repeat. While it is the balls that have the potential to generate the strongest smell, the bellend is certainly the most resilent to cleaning.

• Advertisement

Kadongy wrote: »
    Imagine she found out. She'd think you were a disgusting weirdo and the worst possible type of person to share a home with.

Soap and water.

what kind of soap you using? is it just a regular 1 euro bar of soap

Kadongy wrote: »

not sure if i believe him,why would anyone wash it in the sink rather then just washing it when they are taking a shower,also it would have be be a super soft bristle on the brush or he will scrape his head to pieces and may even bleed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You shouldnt use any type of shower gels,soaps when washing yer johnson.The glans is highly sensitive and the chemicals can irritate it.

If you are showering everyday as Im sure most people do then simply pull back your foreskin and cleaning it with hot water,thats all you need to do.

If its a case you find a strong odour from you even when doing this daily then Id suggest going to get a check up with your GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

All I'm going to say is, if using Mint and Tea Tree Original Source shower gel. Go easy with the stuff.

Use it once, and you'll understand.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

CyberJuice wrote: »
    not sure if i believe him,why would anyone wash it in the sink rather then just washing it when they are taking a shower,also it would have be be a super soft bristle on the brush or he will scrape his head to pieces and may even bleed

i would only use the sink approach before a bit of oral,the tooth brush thing is just because she's such a ****,i use a handwash after that,not sure if that's a good idea or not

CyberJuice wrote: »
    what kind of soap you using? is it just a regular 1 euro bar of soap
    Yes just normal soap. Imperial leather atm.
    I would generally avoid antibacterial soap and antibacterial cleaning products in general, apart from bleach and vinegar. There's a theory that using them results in an increase in bacteria with antibiotic resistances. So hypothetically, over a long period, most of the bacteria on you and in your environment will be resistant to these cleaning agents and to antibiotics as well. The only actual study I read investigating this theory did not suggest it was correct though :)

You shouldnt use any type of shower gels,soaps when washing yer johnson.The glans is highly sensitive and the chemicals can irritate it.

If you are showering everyday as Im sure most people do then simply pull back your foreskin and cleaning it with hot water,thats all you need to do.

If its a case you find a strong odour from you even when doing this daily then Id suggest going to get a check up with your GP.
    No not a strong odour; a faint one. Not detectable without the aforementioned finger test.

irish-stew wrote: »
    All I'm going to say is, if using Mint and Tea Tree Original Source shower gel. Go easy with the stuff.

;)
    triple x mints...
    hm I wonder if that was why they called them xxx. That would never have occurred to me when I was ten and they came out originally, though the branding appealled to me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

;)
    It's like putting Vicks Vapo rub on your junk....it's not the worlds worst feeling though!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Always wash down there carefully in the shower. Roll back foreskin, use a little soap, clean well and rinse. That's the way I always clean down there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

;)

Been there & used it... then went mmm.. ;);):D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Why couldn't this thread have been started 35 years ago????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Bitta Vagisil, be grand.

dermiek wrote: »
    Why couldn't this thread have been started 35 years ago????
    I dont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yeah I'd agree with that. Warm water should do the job and at most I'd use a mild soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

wire brush, dettol and boiling water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

There have been several warnings/infractions in this thread already.

Any more juvenile behavior will earn a ban for the poster involved

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

When I'm showering gelling my torso I usually just run the hand on down and give everything a quick rub.
    Never had an issue with cleanliness down there. Or at least no-one important has told me I have ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Water on its own is not enough to thorughly clean anything, you need the surfactant action so you do.

Use simple soap or Dove or something if irritation is an issue, but if you rinse properly I don't see whay it should be.

• Advertisement

Sky King wrote: »
    Water on its own is not enough to thorughly clean anything, you need the surfactant action so you do.

Use simple soap or Dove or something if irritation is an issue, but if you rinse properly I don't see whay it should be.

It is an extremely sensitive area. Warm (important that it is warm) water is enough. If you were to use anything, it should be something very mild.
    Your member is a sensitive organ, a point that should always be kept in mind. For some odd reason, many men feel the need to vigorously scrub their units with powerful soaps or disinfectants to keep clean. Guys, simple washing with warm water and, if necessary, a mild soap or non-soap cleanser (such as sorbolene or glycerine cream) is more than satisfactory. Uncircumcised men should slide the foreskin back and wash the head of the exposed penis simply with warm water, not soap. Then, be sure to dry the area very well.

Both infrequent and too-frequent washing have been associated with balanitis (an inflammation of the penis or head). If you do notice irritation, avoid scented soaps or shower gels and try warm salt water instead. New clothes or even new laundry detergents can also cause irritation. If irritation persists, see a doctor.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/sports/health_150/186_mens_health.html#ixzz1bi9RzjTi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I wouldn't be taking askmen as gospel - I've seen some pretty hairbrained stuff on that site. And I am not talking about scrubbing it with parazone and a brillo pad! Showergel works grand. Rinse well and dry well. Job done.

Sky King wrote: »
    I wouldn't be taking askmen as gospel - I've seen some pretty hairbrained stuff on that site. And I am not talking about scrubbing it with parazone and a brillo pad! Showergel works grand. Rinse well and dry well. Job done.

I didn't say it was gospel, I just used it as it said pretty much what I wanted to say. My brain is not fully functional today, so took a short cut.

Without veering towards medical advice, a doctor did recommend the using just warm water and a very mild soap if necessary to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Never ever use mint shower gel.

I just wash it thoroughly with shower gel in the shower. Best way for it. Lather up and clean....... just like I'd wash any other limb ( :pac: )

Advertisement