Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback

Options
  • 18-07-2014 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm just putting the feelers out there for any observations or feedback users might have on this forum. Do you feel there's anything that could be improved upon here, is there anything we could do differently/better, or are not doing at all? If so, feel free to let us know here, we'd appreciate any input.

I can't help but notice that numerous of the links in the sticky threads at the top of the forum, are dead links. So it's my intention next week, to go through the sticky threads & weed out any dead links, in an effort to consolidate the info contained within them, & ultimately make them easier to read/use.

Cheers all :)
    Myrddin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thanks Myrddin.

Not sure but maybe a thread with images of aids, maybe with where you got it, rough price and what it does?

eg. I just bought a large display watch with voice time from NCBI - I have no idea yet what it is like or if it is suitable - but seeing some tips or feedback from others could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Taltos wrote: »
    Thanks Myrddin.

Not sure but maybe a thread with images of aids, maybe with where you got it, rough price and what it does?

eg. I just bought a large display watch with voice time from NCBI - I have no idea yet what it is like or if it is suitable - but seeing some tips or feedback from others could be good.

That's actually a very good idea, something like a "Post a pic of what you've bought & how you find it" type thing. Sounds good :)

Where possible, mods have been told to try to keep sticky threads to a maximum of three. This is because when there are more than three sticky threads, display errors can/do occur for those viewing the mobile site. Limiting to three isn't easy, as a obligatory charter takes up one...so it really only leaves two spaces.

I've stuck the charter, a links/information thread, & another for wheelchair accessible places in Dublin. I unstuck the assistive technology thread which had only three posts from this year (the rest being from 2012), & also unstuck the statutory benefits & entitlements thread which hadn't been used in almost a year. I bumped these threads to keep them on the front page too.

However, I can only make changes based on appearance/statistics...maybe what I've done isn't the best way. So, can Iask the users if they'd like to see the sticky threads handled any differently, or an improved manner? All feedback welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

I just signed up but I have been taking a look around at all the posts and such and all the info has been very informative and the people here seem to be really helpful and genuine, its a great little community!
    I look forward to visiting and posting here for years to come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The lack of traffic is a bit of a drawback. Could anything be done to market the forum, perhaps through some of the disability organisations? Or perhaps to stimulate more activity?

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    The lack of traffic is a bit of a drawback. Could anything be done to market the forum, perhaps through some of the disability organisations? Or perhaps to stimulate more activity?

It's a nice idea alright, to get the existence of the forum out there into the minds of people via the some of the bigger organisations. How would this work, would there be fees involved etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's a nice idea alright, to get the existence of the forum out there into the minds of people via the some of the bigger organisations. How would this work, would there be fees involved etc?

No, no fees involved - I was thinking about an email mailshot to the relevant organisations, and ask them to mention it in their next newsletter/e-zine or whatever.

RainyDay wrote: »
    No, no fees involved - I was thinking about an email mailshot to the relevant organisations, and ask them to mention it in their next newsletter/e-zine or whatever.

Cheers for that, I'll discuss it with the higher-ups & see what we can do :)

Advertisement