Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Illegally Recruit for British Army

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Facepalm for someone down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

http://www.irishexaminer.ie/ireland/jobs-centre-funded-by-fas-offers-careers-in-british-army-118290.html

Apply for a foreign army or we cut your dole? :eek:

Just when we thought FAS couldn't become more dysfunctional. Whatever about using their cop on, this is clearly illegal. Funded by, you guessed it, the taxpayer

Sending Limerick chavs to Iraq sounds like a plan to me! Perhaps they could start with the Carthy's and the Dundons? Poor feckin' Taliban won't know what hit then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

conorhal wrote: »
    Sending Limerick chavs to Iraq sounds like a plan to me! Perhaps they could start with the Carthy's and the Dundons? Poor feckin' Taliban won't know what hit then.....
    brill idea
    they will not need training
    they will wipe out taliban
    or better
    the other way round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Could Fás get any worse at this point? Dlofnep isn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

dlofnep wrote: »
    Could Fás get any worse at this point? Dlofnep isn't sure.
    Iwasfrozen would rather see people fighting terrorism in Afghanistan then leeching off the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

Great idea I think. Why are people thinking this is bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

dclane wrote: »
    Great idea I think. Why are people thinking this is bad?

[outrage]800 YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS[/outrage]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

"The jobs are actually in the Royal Irish Regiment, which has suffered casualties in Afghanistan"

made me think of this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m6jz_southparkoperationhumanshield_fun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Iwasfrozen would rather see people fighting terrorism in Afghanistan then leeching off the dole.

That's right yeah, send Irish poor people off to fight and die in Britain's wars.

F*cking scroungers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Poor Sinn Fein are very upset.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    That's right yeah, send Irish poor people off to fight and die in Britain's wars.

F*cking scroungers.
    Terrorism is not a British war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

conorhal wrote: »
    Sending Limerick chavs to Iraq sounds like a plan to me!

When they comeback to Limerick they will also be better trained in urban warfare :D

I know several people who are trying hard to get into UK armed forces

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    I know several people who are trying hard to get into UK armed forces

I know one as well, he's an absolute f*cking eejit as is anyone else who would travel half way across the world to shoot some of the poorest people on the planet because of US and British geo-political concerns.

Similarly fools like the above would be well served in examining how the veterans returning from Afghanistan with no eyes or limbs are treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Nothing short of appalling that my tax money is being wasted on this nonsense. Sending people off to die for a pointless cause, for a foreign army is bloody stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

I know one as well, he's an absolute f*cking eejit as is anyone else who would travel half way across the world to shoot some of the poorest people on the planet because of US and British geo-political concerns.

Similarly fools like the above would be well served in examining how the veterans returning from Afghanistan with no eyes or limbs are treated.

more like them idiots in iraq who are killing them and how are they innocent!:eek:

Cadetships in the British army are very viable career choices. There would be some people who wouldn't have any options offering so much to them tbh. Also, while they would still be part of the same organization, I don't know if all the non-combat soldiers would be likely to be shooting people, apart from artillery of course.

Joining as a regular soldier is a different story of course. But I don't think there's that high a barrier to entry at that level that people would need to "try very hard" to get in - so I would guess it's applicants for cadetships that were being talked about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is being discussed in a fair and reasonable fashion on the After Hours forum.

mike65 wrote: »
    This is being discussed in a fair and reasonable fashion on the After Hours forum.
    I have finally seen someone write "in a fair and reasonable fashion" and "After Hours Forum" in the same sentence without being sarcastic or trailing off to some other meaning.

I can now die a happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

pwd wrote: »
    Cadetships in the British army are very viable career choices. There would be some people who wouldn't have any options offering so much to them tbh. Also, while they would still be part of the same organization, I don't know if all the non-combat soldiers would be likely to be shooting people, apart from artillery of course.

Joining as a regular soldier is a different story of course. But I don't think there's that high a barrier to entry at that level that people would need to "try very hard" to get in - so I would guess it's applicants for cadetships that were being talked about.

Thats not really the issue. A foreign Government is actively recruiting apparently through an Irish governmental agency. That compromises neutrality.

F*cking scroungers.

'Britains wars for America' is more appropriate these days. If some lad wants to go off and fight for another country, I think he'd be better off working for the organ grinder.

• Advertisement

Oh I agree with you.
    I was responding to a post by fta69 - though that wasn't clear as I didn't quote and there were a couple of posts in between while I had the page open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mactíre

Gee FAS doing something immoral or illegal who would have thought such a thing could happen !

Mactíre wrote: »
    Gee FAS doing something immoral or illegal who would have thought such a thing could happen !
    That's a very bright way to start of your stay here. I can see you will fit in just fine !

http://gradireland.com/emergency/
    Grad Ireland also advertise the British army in their hand books

as far as Afghanistan goes it has a UN mandate & the Irish defence forces are there too. The UN wanted us to send more to Afghanistan if we pulled out of Chad. We just pulled out of Chad the other day.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/irish-troops-may-be-asked-to-serve-in-afghanistan-1849639.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0330/chad.html

Interesting!

pwd wrote: »
    Oh I agree with you.
    I was responding to a post by fta69 - though that wasn't clear as I didn't quote and there were a couple of posts in between while I had the page open.

Sorry about that then.

(Friendly fire...theres a thing they don't mention in the brochure...)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Guys, this isn't an episode of Boston Legal and hence neither the side comments on the gangs on Limerick's northside nor the editorialising on the justification or non-justification of the UK's recent armed campaigns are either entertaining or relevant to the topic. Some of you have realised that, those that haven't please keep it in mind when considering a post.

/mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

isnt it a third party group that sent around the leaflets?

isnt it fas that told them to stop once they found out?

i hav no personal with people wanting to serve in any military(if i could be a pilot in any of the us forces id be there in a second) but how a state funded group thought they would get away with this in limerick of all places isbeyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

sure anyone with a brain knows our ruling classes are west brits. their influence is british and any laws made in britain are swiftly copied in bog ireland, the nation with no mind of its own..sure copy the brits..forget about sophisticated western europe..

REMEMBER OUR STARVED..........FAMINE HOLOCAUST DAY

charlemont wrote: »
    sure anyone with a brain knows our ruling classes are west brits. their influence is british and any laws made in britain are swiftly copied in bog ireland, the nation with no mind of its own..sure copy the brits..forget about sophisticated western europe..
    Guten hi hi!

• Advertisement
Advertisement