Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hockey for Girls?

Options
  • 06-04-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I have a 5 year old girl and would love to get her involved in hockey in a couple of years (she loves her brothers hurley - and no don't fancy the idea of camogie). I would presume the Catholic Institute in an option but was just wondering is there anyplace else for hockey for girls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

http://www.limerickhockeyclub.ie/

Not sure if it caters for people as young as your daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

Limerick Hockey Club only take girls and boys from age 7 onwards.

BUT there is a HUGE waiting list. So, I'd suggest you get your daughter's name down asap. Seriously.

In the meanwhile, why not get a small stick and a ball and get her practicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

maybe check out catholic institute. not too sure about the ages they take but give them a ring or something

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

don't know who runs it but Villiers school has hockey for those ages every saturday morning - about 9.30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

The hockey in Villiers is run by Limerick Hockey Club and the season ended a couple of weeks ago.

There is a waiting list of a couple of years for the girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Thanks a mill for all that, will give the Limerick Hockey Club a buzz and see what the storey is re a waiting list. Can't believe its so popular, maybe I should let her off with a hurley instead! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

9st n 09 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for all that, will give the Limerick Hockey Club a buzz and see what the storey is re a waiting list. Can't believe its so popular, maybe I should let her off with a hurley instead! :rolleyes:

And what are your issues with Camogie? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭dragonkin

If the waiting lists are full in Limerick and Catholic Institute there is a new junior club setting up in the Crescent College due to oversubscription in Limerick and Catholic Institute. Have a look here for more information or possibly email Phil Oakley the munster RDO.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Rineanna wrote: »
    And what are your issues with Camogie? :confused:

Nuddin, my son plays hurling but there isn't a camogie team in the club for her age so its either shipping her to a different club (which I would think would be a hanging offence in the GAA!!!! :eek:) or let her off to play with the boys, but I think she'd be the only girl.

Advertisement