Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Walker/GR Walker/Garri Walker ? ? ?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 5:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭

I have heard this name mentioned recently and was wondering did this ring any bells in Sinn Fein circles ?
    I may have misunderstood and until I know if such a person exists then I will not expand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If you were meant to know, you'd know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Sand wrote: »
    If you were meant to know, you'd know.
    That does not stop me wanting to know though !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,118 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Now I want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jarry likes to walk, don't ya know...

Over the hills and far away

Not your ornery onager

Was Jarry/ Garri/Gary/G R Walker a regular visitor to the Elm guest house in Barnes London.

It seems that he has appeared on a guest list for this house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

is this some kind of makey-uppy conspiracy thread? Are you trying to link SF to this? https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=546478428737257&id=515564465161987

maccored wrote: »
    is this some kind of makey-uppy conspiracy thread? Are you trying to link SF to this? https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=546478428737257&id=515564465161987
    I am just asking a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Given the recent news, do you still reckon it's a 'makey-uppy conspiracy' :D ?

The thread starter was, as he said, just asking a question. One which I suspect reflects more on the UK establishment than it does on "Gary Walker" or indeed Sinn Fein.

bit cryptic to be just a question. whats this 'recent news' then. It obviously passed me by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

bit cryptic to be just a question. whats this 'recent news' then. It obviously passed me by.
    Google 'Operation Fernbridge Elm Guest House' and find out for youself.

The entry 'Gary Walker (Sinn Fien)' (sic) on the list sticks out like a sore thumb, considering all the other names on the list are top Tory Monday Club and MI5 bods.

My bestimate is that Gary Walker was the pseudonym of an MI5 agent working overtly in Sinn Fein.

Although elected Sinn Fein MPs refused to sit in Westminister, they did use the offices provided to them and drew down expenses from the early 1980's onward.

'Gary Walker' could have been Denis Donaldson.

• Advertisement

you'd assume gary walker could spell sinn fein if he had, in fact, anything to do with sinn fein, no? Case of straw clutching if you ask me.

thats the same info as I linked to earlier btw ....
    Google 'Operation Fernbridge Elm Guest House' and find out for youself.

you'd assume gary walker could spell sinn fein if he had, in fact, anything to do with sinn fein, no? Case of straw clutching if you ask me.
    I assume he could and I assume you're making incorrect assumptions on who wrote that particular document - like most conspiracy theorists, you're bending the facts to suit your own bias without any sufficient knowledge.

Of course it's all a big conspiracy, just ignore the facts that the London Met:

- already arrested three people under Operation Fernbrige, one of whom was the deputy manager of the boys home said to supply boys to the guest house
    - have questioned ex UK Home Secretary Leon Brittan under caution
    - have searched both Cliff Richards' UK addresses and have questioned him under caution

Bear in mind the following video was recorded in September of last year and that Richards currently has a super-injunction in place to prevent the UK media linking him with Elm House.

conspiracy theorist? bending facts?

I think this thread is of the conspiracy theorist ilk and there's a dramatic lack of facts. what do any of your facts have to do with SF being involved?
    I assume he could and I assume you're making incorrect assumptions on who wrote that particular document - like most conspiracy theorists, you're bending the facts to suit your own bias without any sufficient knowledge.

Of course it's all a big conspiracy, just ignore the facts that the London Met:

- already arrested three people under Operation Fernbrige, one of whom was the deputy manager of the boys home said to supply boys to the guest house
    - have questioned ex UK Home Secretary Leon Brittan under caution
    - have searched both Cliff Richards' UK addresses and have questioned him under caution

Bear in mind the following video was recorded in September of last year and that Richards currently has a super-injunction in place to prevent the UK media linking him with Elm House.

I think this thread is of the conspiracy theorist ilk and there's a dramatic lack of facts.
    Lack of facts?

- you have a Labour MP (Tom Watson) raising concerns at Prime Minister's Questions in the British House of Commons (24/10/2014)...

- ...leading to the Metropolian Police establishing two operations, Fairbank and Fernbridge, under the later both Leon Brittan and Cliff Richard have been questioned under caution.

Do you really think British police would question and search the residences of an ex Tory Home Secretary and a 'beloved' entertainer and Knight of the Realm on the back of consirpacy theory type rumours?

And one of the eminent personages named in the Elm House lists features in both the Elm House and Kincora scandals.

What a remarkable co-incidence. Nothing to see here, move along....

Possibly relevant story from Daily Mirror.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/523948548727918592

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

porsche959 wrote: »
    Possibly relevant story from Daily Mirror.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/523948548727918592
    I am hearing the orchestra here, while the conductor gestures, madly, out of time. Don't listen to the music - keep looking at the conductor. Keep a straight face. Don't laugh - turn it into a cough/sneeze. It is all a great wheeze!

Who knew? They did. Caught poaching - two choices, one of which is to secretly work for the gamekeeper.

Alan Turing apparently committed suicide (while the balance of his mind was disturbed, of course) after undergoing chemical 'treatment' to subdue his 'tendencies' instead of giving up his clearance. The other side getting in first? Unthinkable. So, scuttle the ship, destroy the cargo. Damn the torpedoes.

Maurice Oldfield - how did he die?

Mata Hari. Find a weakness, exploit it (threaten to expose it). Lock the target in, usually with monetary rewards (if not, pandering may well work). Don't worry about any possible victims - they are expendable.

When (ha ha) all the Kincora House files are published, the mists might lift, and the dreary spires might come into view. Maybe, after enough (generational) time has passed, unbiased historians may put it all into perspective.

The word 'compromise' comes to mind. So many games, so few generals back at HQ moving so many markers around on the flat map. Later, the generals retire to their club(s). Members only, no exceptions (except for 'guests'). Discretion assured. "More claret, Jeeves. By the way, have the car ready at the tradesman's entrance at the agreed time. If Jimmy asks, I wasn't here, but tell him I said Hello, and he should keep his mouth shut if he knows what's good for him.".

Top hats, flat caps. Bastard files.

Nurse, my chair - I need the commode now!

Not your ornery onager

...and all this leaks out just when the shinners are doing so spectacularly well in the polls. Wow, what a coincidence.

Esel wrote: »
    I am hearing the orchestra here, while the conductor gestures, madly, out of time. Don't listen to the music - keep looking at the conductor. Keep a straight face. Don't laugh - turn it into a cough/sneeze. It is all a great wheeze!

Who knew? They did. Caught poaching - two choices, one of which is to secretly work for the gamekeeper.

Alan Turing apparently committed suicide (while the balance of his mind was disturbed, of course) after undergoing chemical 'treatment' to subdue his 'tendencies' instead of giving up his clearance. The other side getting in first? Unthinkable. So, scuttle the ship, destroy the cargo. Damn the torpedoes.

Maurice Oldfield - how did he die?

Mata Hari. Find a weakness, exploit it (threaten to expose it). Lock the target in, usually with monetary rewards (if not, pandering may well work). Don't worry about any possible victims - they are expendable.

When (ha ha) all the Kincora House files are published, the mists might lift, and the dreary spires might come into view. Maybe, after enough (generational) time has passed, unbiased historians may put it all into perspective.

The word 'compromise' comes to mind. So many games, so few generals back at HQ moving so many markers around on the flat map. Later, the generals retire to their club(s). Members only, no exceptions (except for 'guests'). Discretion assured. "More claret, Jeeves. By the way, have the car ready at the tradesman's entrance at the agreed time. If Jimmy asks, I wasn't here, but tell him I said Hello, and he should keep his mouth shut if he knows what's good for him.".

Top hats, flat caps. Bastard files.

Nurse, my chair - I need the commode now!

In the Cold War, no doubt all of this happened, but we're living in an age of openness and transparency now, right? (*)

* - joking, clearly.

• Advertisement

Stingemore and Brittan dead within a week of each other, the week before Stingemore was due to stand trial.

Looks like the Tories are doing a bit of spring cleaning before the elections this May...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/john-stingemore-former-childrens-home-4989807

Stingemore and Brittan dead within a week of each other, the week before Stingemore was due to stand trial.

Looks like the Tories are doing a bit of spring cleaning before the elections this May...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/john-stingemore-former-childrens-home-4989807
    It certainly is convienent that these guys are not going to tell about their heinous crimes and who covered up for them.

No wonder Prince Andrew looks so scared.

He is such an embarrassment that he may just have to have an accident !

Lack of facts?

- you have a Labour MP (Tom Watson) raising concerns at Prime Minister's Questions in the British House of Commons (24/10/2014)...

- ...leading to the Metropolian Police establishing two operations, Fairbank and Fernbridge, under the later both Leon Brittan and Cliff Richard have been questioned under caution.

Do you really think British police would question and search the residences of an ex Tory Home Secretary and a 'beloved' entertainer and Knight of the Realm on the back of consirpacy theory type rumours?

and thats linked to the OP and SF how?

and thats linked to the OP and SF how?

All were alleged guests at Elm House.

All were alleged guests at Elm House.

ah now i see.

Advertisement