Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for first bike

Options
  • 29-04-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

hey there,

gonna be buying my first bike and just looking for some advice. i dont really have any experience of riding bikes but i've been on plenty of scooters. its going to be mostly for going in and out to work (few miles every day) and maybe some further spinning at the weekends. i'm fairly tall (6'2") so wondering what bikes would be best. i'm thinking of spending between 900 -1300.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Hi, i'd say a yamaha tdr 125 or a varadeo 125 would suit you because of your height but insurance depends on your age so get quotes before you look at bikes..best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

thanks for your help. i like the look of the yamaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

possiblt check out some of the scrambler 125's such as yamaha DT,suzuki TSR(my first bike,great fun to drive)or a kawasaki KMX.

Again like a poster above check insurance first!!

another good bike for a beginner would be a honda bros 400,can be driven on a provisional.I found the riding position ok for a tall person(im 6 foot 3).

good luck and safe driving whatever you get

Advertisement