Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring a motorbike. Where??!?! I can't find any where!

Options
  • 29-04-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am looking to get a 50cc bike for the summer and I obviously need to insure it. I can't find any where that does motorbike insurance. Where can I actually buy the bike as well ? Any advice on what bike to get, I was thinking a TZR 50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Quinn Direct
    AON Insurance
    Adelaide Insurance
    Carole Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

As above.

Prob better to move this thread into the motorbikes forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Biker.ie is a great resource too but they don't take kindly to noobs who ask questions instead of doing a search. They are indeed a contrary bunch.

Insurance won't be a problem (to find anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Gopedguy

cantdecide wrote: »
    Biker.ie is a great resource too but they don't take kindly to noobs who ask questions instead of doing a search. They are indeed a contrary bunch.

I did a few searches and called Quinn but they only do 1 year coverage. I was hoping for something more short term as I can't really afford or need a bike during the winter, you can't really use it much in the winter anyway. What is the shortest policy available? And thank you to all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ya could just get the insurance with quinn and pay them monthly. Then when you dont want to ride the bike anymore ya just cancel the policy. Why wont ya ride the bike in the winter? Its fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

seanybiker wrote: »
    Why wont ya ride the bike in the winter? Its fun
    Yeah, I haven't looked up any stats, but it definitely feels like it rains more in the summer than the winter the last few years.

Will I not get bad credit for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

you can't really use it much in the winter anyway

That's funny. I managed to use my bike every day of the year for seven years whatever the weather. :confused:

I haven't had a road bike before, I am just presuming. I couldn't afford it any way I am still in 5th year. I was hoping for a 3 month, as I see the canceling the direct debit as a possible way to get bad credit. In this economic climate bad credit is all I need when I am going looking student loans. PLEASE correct me is I'm wrong about the bad credit thing and if I can just cancel like that.

I haven't had a road bike before, I am just presuming. I couldn't afford it any way I am still in 5th year. I was hoping for a 3 month, as I see the canceling the direct debit as a possible way to get bad credit. In this economic climate bad credit is all I need when I am going looking student loans. PLEASE correct me is I'm wrong about the bad credit thing and if I can just cancel like that.

• Advertisement

Gopedguy wrote: »

Dont cancel your direct debit. Just tell em when ya want to cancel it that your bike got robbed or something or ya had a bad fall and dont wanna be on bikes anymore. They will just ask ya to send back the insurance cert thingmebob.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Gopedguy wrote: »

You can cancel your policy and they either refund you 75% of the money paid or if you choose to go the direct debit route, they work out the remaining cash owed. That does include the interest that would have accrued for the remainder of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

seanybiker wrote: »
    ya could just get the insurance with quinn and pay them monthly. Then when you dont want to ride the bike anymore ya just cancel the policy. Why wont ya ride the bike in the winter? Its fun

what you get back from them probably wont match the savings you'll make keeping the policy for a year and gaining a years NCB (starting out anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

That's funny. I managed to use my bike every day of the year for seven years whatever the weather. :confused:
    Same for me for the past 3 years! Nothing more fun than riding a Fireblade on ice with a pillion!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

cantdecide wrote: »

www.irishbikerforum.com is also a great resource (and less complicated :) )

Wossack wrote: »
    what you get back from them probably wont match the savings you'll make keeping the policy for a year and gaining a years NCB (starting out anyway)
    Good point.

Advertisement