Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2FM had to be destroyed to be rebuilt - Dan Healy

Options
  • 20-03-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

hi all i thought 2 fm were carring all the champion league soccer matches , tuned in yest eve an nothing only the louise show on at 8 o clock not happy any ideas cause i got a game earlier in the season

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

Maybe as a part of their new schedule, they have decided to cut back on sports coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Maybe as a part of their new schedule, they have decided to cut back on sports coverage.

And talent/quality/new blood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

maybe it is all money related, but at work nothing better than a match when working a 12 hr nite shift,, feck it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

2fm random schedule generator strikes again.

GSF wrote: »
    2fm random schedule generator strikes again.

fact!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And talent/quality/new blood
    they have employed new blood, yes they were on other radio stations but they are new to 2fm

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭prunudo

I wonder when he'll be finished destroying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yvonne23R

"2fm had ‘to be destroyed’ in order to rebuild it"

This is a good article from the Irish Times.

And by calling himself “Ireland’s biggest idiot," the great Dan Healy shows that he's well able to take criticism.

It's a good future there for 2FM.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/2fm-had-to-be-destroyed-in-order-to-rebuild-it-1.1736221

Yvonne23R wrote: »
    "2fm had ‘to be destroyed’ in order to rebuild it"

This is a good article from the Irish Times.

And by calling himself “Ireland’s biggest idiot," the great Dan Healy shows that he's well able to take criticism.

It's a good future there for 2FM.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/2fm-had-to-be-destroyed-in-order-to-rebuild-it-1.1736221

we'll see yvonne we'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Typical Healyism.

Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

What would people think about Second Captains presenting a breakfast show that wasn't entirely about sport?
    They seem to have good knowledge about most things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I saw that article today and I thought...he sounds like a nervous man.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

I saw that article today and I thought...he sounds like a nervous man.

2fm was already destroyed pre Healy, but was making ground

Turning stations around takes years, it was turning, breakfast was building and afternoons were strong. If they put Tubs on for thee hours they could have went up against D'arcy.

LeakyGee wrote: »
    2fm was already destroyed pre Healy, but was making ground

Turning stations around takes years, it was turning, breakfast was building and afternoons were strong. If they put Tubs on for thee hours they could have went up against D'arcy.

It's coming back though. I hear it in shops all the time again now and in the hairdressers. So youngsters are listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Can I ask where you are located?

2fm gets more listeners down the country outside of The Pale! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Have they not a deal done with Centra? There's an article in the Evening Hearld with Rick O Shea this evening. He comes across as a consummate professional. I wonder what the mood is like inside the camp with all the changes? Do they really think it's going to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

After all that built up about the new schedule, Nobody is really talking about any of the new programs.

Can I ask where you are located?

2fm gets more listeners down the country outside of The Pale! :)
    Sorry because I missed this. I'm in the Dublin area. But I'm more a listener to Lyric FM and national radio, rather than to 2fm or the pirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yvonne23R wrote: »
    Sorry because I missed this. I'm in the Dublin area. But I'm more a listener to Lyric FM and national radio, rather than to 2fm or the pirates.

2fm is national radio though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Anyone know if Healy joined RTE as a staff member or as a contracter ? Either way surely unemployment or redeployment must be on the cards for him ?

Anyone know if Healy joined RTE as a staff member or as a contracter ? Either way surely unemployment or redeployment must be on the cards for him ?

why? changing 2fm is going to take a hell of a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

it doesnt take long to 'destroy' a station though, his job is done. now it's time for him to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How long is enough time though, 20 years? It's a radio station not a football team, if your listeners are dropping you drop your non performing staff and replace them accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Can 2fm be fixed at this stage?
    Maybe if they bring in some tight jocks with profile and familiarity to a national audience
    This is just a reflection of my age and personal taste but I'm thinking
    Mark Byrne (a pilot these days AFAIK)
    Dusty Rhodes (on Riviera Radio Monaco at present)
    Will Leahy (still in 2fm but needs a prominent slot)

I would ditch the talk shows and make it all about the music.

Would not appeal to teenage audience I guess.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Destroy it again so ,get some drones to blow the crap out if it

thejuggler wrote: »
    Can 2fm be fixed at this stage?
    Maybe if they bring in some tight jocks with profile and familiarity to a national audience
    This is just a reflection of my age and personal taste but I'm thinking
    Mark Byrne (a pilot these days AFAIK)
    Dusty Rhodes (on Riviera Radio Monaco at present)
    Will Leahy (still in 2fm but needs a prominent slot)

I would ditch the talk shows and make it all about the music.

Would not appeal to teenage audience I guess.......

no but it would appeal to an older audience, which is what 2fm should be aiming for now. 2fm has a place, and it can be the great station it once was again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The solution is simple, I said it here before:

Re-launch "RTE Gold" either as "RTE 2FM" or "RTE 2FM Gold" on RTE 2FM frequencies, put 5 presenters on maybe 3 hour live shifts from 7am to 9pm and automate outside of these hours.7 days per week.

Presenters as in real radio DJ's, household names aged 40+, from RTE and the independent sector.

But you would ask does 4FM not cater for this mature audience in the cities?.....

........Listeners aged 35+ would be more inclined to listen to this service rather then 4FM, they grew up with "2FM". It still is a strong brand.

2FM's current target audience do not listen to FM anymore on a national level and if they do they are well catered for this with local and regional youth stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

An idea would be to have show presenters present the shows on their own? Or is that too mad an idea? I hate this constant need to have co presenters when they should just play music instead of the incessant need for unfunny and painful banter. Chris and Ciara, Breakfast Republic....perfect examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Chris and ciara about as funny as scurvy. It's going tooooo like USA stations in the morning. A funny panel breakfast show except USA stations have script writers on set, while we have to listen to banter that the presenters think is funny and not what is actually funny.

Advertisement