Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower replacement advice

Options
  • 15-07-2013 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

In 2006 when we built our house we put in an Aqualisa Aquastream in our en suite. Now in 2013 its given up the ghost and its died:(

We can't afford to spend another 275 on a new unit so i'm lookikng for options.

Should we replace the pump ( i think its the pump as water is still coming out but at roughly the same pressure as the taps ) or buy a cheaper unit from another brand.

If we change to a different brand will there be a problem with the existing plumbing etc ???

In a word............HELP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Hi all,

In 2006 when we built our house we put in an Aqualisa Aquastream in our en suite. Now in 2013 its given up the ghost and its died:(

We can't afford to spend another 275 on a new unit so i'm lookikng for options.

Should we replace the pump ( i think its the pump as water is still coming out but at roughly the same pressure as the taps ) or buy a cheaper unit from another brand.

If we change to a different brand will there be a problem with the existing plumbing etc ???

In a word............HELP

If you can get an aqualisa for 275 I'd go with that one. Last time I checked they were near 400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Always worth checking filters. You'd be amazed how clogged theyd be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Dtp79 wrote: »
    If you can get an aqualisa for 275 I'd go with that one. Last time I checked they were near 400

They are also an excellent pump.

shane0007 wrote: »
    They are also an excellent pump.

Definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Sorry the full new unit will cost 575 my bad for putting down 275.

If i turn on the current unit there's no noise, just the normal tap pressure is coming out.

• Advertisement

Sorry the full new unit will cost 575 my bad for putting down 275.

If i turn on the current unit there's no noise, just the normal tap pressure is coming out.

As far as I know parts for those are readily available

Advertisement