Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature jack russell

Options
  • 12-09-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hope somebody can help me out.

my other half landed home 2nights ago with a mini jack russell.
    she's about 6months. so tiny!

but i have no idea on the amount of food to feed her,

we also have a lump of a staff here that gets a pint glass full of dry food once a day. never wet food.

i think what we feed the staff is way to much for her because she is so small.

i got a few tins of wet food to tie her over. giving her about 1/3rd of a tin a day and mushing up some dry food into it for her..
    is this to much or to little for her....

any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OP do you know the brand of the food you're feeding them?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

The staffie gets 1pint glass of Workers dry everyday,

The mini is gettin some of them nuts with 1/3rd of a tin of pedigree.

I didnt get a chance to go to the pet shop today as the weather was to bad to even walk them...but should i go tomorrow and see what they recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I have a very small JRT and she gets 85g of raw food each once a day. I'd get her off the tinned food if you can, it's really not good for them.

Most bags of dog food have a feeding guide on the back so that might give you an idea. It's very easy to overfeed a small dog so it'd be a good idea to weigh her food until you get used to how much food to give her

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

I have a very small JRT and she gets 85g of raw food each once a day. I'd get her off the tinned food if you can, it's really not good for them.

Most bags of dog food have a feeding guide on the back so that might give you an idea. It's very easy to overfeed a small dog so it'd be a good idea to weigh her food until you get used to how much food to give her

thanks for that info....ill do that so!:)

the other half just picked it up to do her a day or two till we got her food sorted!

Advertisement