Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing my site in a 17" environment?

Options
  • 29-05-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, my site at the moment looks fine when viewed on a 15.4" screen, but when I see it on a 17" screen alot of the text is stretched and doesn't conform to the same columns that it should (I think my <div> tags were wrong, I want the columns to be 400px wide). I think I've fixed it now but as I'm back on my 15.4", I don't know if the changes have been made or not. Is there any way I can see what my site looks like on a larger screen?

Or do you even know what I mean?

Just for note, I'm wrapping my paragraphs like this; (shown without tags)

div style="width:400px"

paragraph

/div

That correct?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its not the size of the screen its the resolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

Your laptop screen is limited to certain resolutions it can display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Funkstard wrote: »
    Hi, my site at the moment looks fine when viewed on a 15.4" screen, but when I see it on a 17" screen alot of the text is stretched and doesn't conform to the same columns that it should (I think my <div> tags were wrong, I want the columns to be 400px wide). I think I've fixed it now but as I'm back on my 15.4", I don't know if the changes have been made or not. Is there any way I can see what my site looks like on a larger screen?

Or do you even know what I mean?

Just for note, I'm wrapping my paragraphs like this; (shown without tags)

div style="width:400px"

paragraph

/div

That correct?

Cheers

Try www.browsershots.org and don't use inline styles! :)

Advertisement