Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most sincere and least sincere celebs or public person

• 01-03-2015 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I seen this clip on you tube of Johhny Rotton and although ive always liked him, I think in this clip it shows a really nice sincere and honest side to him which is quite endearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wNH2tQQog

I also like Lemmy. Although I know he is not a saint, in interviews I have seen of him, he appears to be very modest and hasn't really bought into his own hype or celebrity lifestyle.

On the other side, least sincere and false I would obviously say the likes of Saville and Glitter. Also Tom Cruise and John Travolta would be up there.

Funnily enough looking at the celebrities Ive chosen, it seems to me that the two I have picked as more sincere are least image conscious however still individual and unique but the false ones are all people who appear or appeared to be very image conscious and play the good guy role. Saville with his charities, glitter was apparently obsessed with his appearance (did he have big issues with people touching his hair? and had a wig glued onto his head?) , John Travolta and Tom Cruise playing the good family men.

In your opinion, what celebrity or public person do you think comes across as very sincere or extremely false?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

This really is scraping the barrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

This really is scraping the barrel.

Which celeb shares the same favourite colour as you?

Coming soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

you two must be more bored than me then to contribute! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

I always found that fella from the naked gun to be very sincere.
    Simpson or something he's called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Anne Hathaway is painfully insincere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I always found that fella from the naked gun to be very sincere.
    Simpson or something he's called.

Simpson eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ends Kenny, least sincere. Absolute twat suffering from a massive case of hubris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Sincere: The Littlest Hobo.

Insincere: Scarface from The Animals of Farthing Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Jimmy saville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Sincere: The Littlest Hobo.

How I wish this were true.:mad:

Hobo was in fact played by numerous dogs masquerading as the same canine, and what's worse, none of them were itinerant or savers of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Any celeb in an ad, but particularly that most evil of all loan-shark shills, Carol Vorderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

Obama.

This video discusses his Nobel Peace Prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Hobo was in fact played by numerous dogs

STOP IT. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I always found Judge from Wanderly Wagon to be absolutely sincere.

But Bosco was a connivin' little bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

One actress that I was very surprised to find was incredibly down-to-earth is Julianne Moore. There was an interview in The Guardian with her a few years ago and she seemed really normal and did none of this pretend-humble bollocks so many actors feign. Here's the interview:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/aug/10/julianne-moore-what-maisie-knew#comment-25909148

I'd say Madonna is false as fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Phil Taylor very insincere!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mod

Moved to Celeb & Showbiz forum - please remember the After Hours charter no longer applies - make sure you're familiar with Celeb & Showbiz Charter before posting.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Fakest-Beyonce. What a phoney, everything that she says and does is pre-preprepared and scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Fakest-Beyonce. What a phoney, everything that she says and does is pre-preprepared and scripted.

But she does have a lovely bottom........

In fact, they all have lovely bottoms ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Mod

Moved to Celeb & Showbiz forum - please remember the After Hours charter no longer applies - make sure you're familiar with Celeb & Showbiz Charter before posting.

Thanks!

zomg !!!111!

I totes have a post on the Celeb & Showbiz forum #epic

:):):):p:p:D

XXX

• Advertisement

zomg !!!111!

I totes have a post on the Celeb & Showbiz forum #epic

:):):):p:p:D

XXX

You Go girl :) xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I seen this clip on you tube of Johhny Rotton and although ive always liked him, I think in this clip it shows a really nice sincere and honest side to him which is quite endearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wNH2tQQog

I also like Lemmy. Although I know he is not a saint, in interviews I have seen of him, he appears to be very modest and hasn't really bought into his own hype or celebrity lifestyle.

On the other side, least sincere and false I would obviously say the likes of Saville and Glitter. Also Tom Cruise and John Travolta would be up there.

Funnily enough looking at the celebrities Ive chosen, it seems to me that the two I have picked as more sincere are least image conscious however still individual and unique but the false ones are all people who appear or appeared to be very image conscious and play the good guy role. Saville with his charities, glitter was apparently obsessed with his appearance (did he have big issues with people touching his hair? and had a wig glued onto his head?) , John Travolta and Tom Cruise playing the good family men.

In your opinion, what celebrity or public person do you think comes across as very sincere or extremely false?

SINCERE
    Stephen fry Tom Hanks Helena Bonham Carter, Jack Black,Adam Sandler, Johnny Depp, Steve Carell, Patrick Stewart , Lenard Nimoy ,George Takei,Harrison Ford,David Attenborough, Micheal Parkinson.Jarvis Cocker, ,Paula Radcliffe,Joanna Lumley,John Gielgud,Vladimir Ashkenazy,Goldie Hawn,Billy Connolly,Princess Diana, Brad Pitt ( a friend of mine met him a few times apparantly he is very sweet and kind), Alan Titschmarsh,Martin Sheen, Christopher Walken, Chris Ferguson, Sandi Toksvig,Jools Holland,Phillip Seymour Hoffman,Ewan McGregor,Ben Kingsley,Stephen Fry,Annie Lennox,Jane Goldman(Jonathon Ross's Wife but I don't get sincere Vibes from him) she seems lovely.Felicity Kendal seems sweet LOVED THE GOOD LIFE!Brain May, Ian Mckellan. A friend of mine met Brad Pitt a couple of times in the States and apparently he has really good manners.Michael Caine Nigel Harvers.

Noel Fielding (he loves Kate Bush)
    Love him after this you can see the passion!

Fred Rogers, Jose Carreras, Kate Bush in a league of sincerity of their own. I have heard Larry David is nice and comedy gold in real life.

Never met anyone of these people so i dunno. But my brother did meet Michael Palin one time for a few hrs and siad he was the nicest person. He I met Chomsky. It was amazing he actually helped a mate of my with his thesis and took time to answer emails. He is VERY eager to help young students. I saw him talk in UCD he answered questions from people perhaps less educated than himself so humbly and actually enjoyed being there and seemed to be interested in everyone. I talked to him for a few mins and he was interested about my degree etc. Lovely man and really passionate about what he does.

Insincere

-Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Michael Greco, (beppe from eastenders )Michelle Collins (Cindy from eastenders) Russell Brand, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jim Davidson,Jim Davidson.Jim Davidson,Jim Davidson (homophobic bullying Twat worth saying four times)Vic Reeves,Danni Minogue, john leslie, Michael Barrymore,Lady Victoria Hervey,Piers Morgan, Max Beesley,Sting,Paul Daniels,Jonathan Ross,Victoria Beckham, ,Stan Collimore violent prick! kilroy Silk, Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter,Westlife (ugh),Baby Spice dunno why?,Christian Slater, elle mcphearson,Nicole Kidman (cold),Russell Crowe,Sophie Anderton (bitch vibes),will self,Rolf Harris,Cilla Black, Prince, Katie Price, Most boy bands and girl bands.

I swear I am really NOT interested in celebrities.

It's weird to judge people on what you see. I mean they could be right arseholes. Infact most celebrities probably are arseholes. Most politicians are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

SINCERE
    Stephen fry Tom Hanks Helena Bonham Carter, Jack Black,Adam Sandler, Johnny Depp, Steve Carell, Patrick Stewart , Lenard Nimoy ,George Takei,Harrison Ford,David Attenborough, Micheal Parkinson.Jarvis Cocker, ,Paula Radcliffe,Joanna Lumley,John Gielgud,Vladimir Ashkenazy,Goldie Hawn,Billy Connolly,Princess Diana, Brad Pitt ( a friend of mine met him a few times apparantly he is very sweet and kind), Alan Titschmarsh,Martin Sheen, Christopher Walken, Chris Ferguson, Sandi Toksvig,Jools Holland,Phillip Seymour Hoffman,Ewan McGregor,Ben Kingsley,Stephen Fry,Annie Lennox,Jane Goldman(Jonathon Ross's Wife but I don't get sincere Vibes from him) she seems lovely.Felicity Kendal seems sweet LOVED THE GOOD LIFE!Brain May, Ian Mckellan. A friend of mine met Brad Pitt a couple of times in the States and apparently he has really good manners.Michael Caine Nigel Harvers.

Fred Rogers, Jose Carreras, Kate Bush in a league of sincerity of their own. I have heard Larry David is nice and comedy gold in real life.

Never met anyone of these people so i dunno. But my brother did meet Michael Palin one time for a few hrs and siad he was the nicest person. He I met Chomsky. It was amazing he actually helped a mate of my with his thesis and took time to answer emails. He is VERY eager to help young students. I saw him talk in UCD he answered questions from people perhaps less educated than himself so humbly and actually enjoyed being there and seemed to be interested in everyone. I talked to him for a few mins and he was interested about my degree etc. Lovely man and really passionate about what he does.

Insincere

-Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Michael Greco, (beppe from eastenders )Michelle Collins (Cindy from eastenders) Russell Brand, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jim Davidson,Jim Davidson.Jim Davidson,Jim Davidson (homophobic bullying Twat worth saying four times)Vic Reeves,Danni Minogue, john leslie, Michael Barrymore,Lady Victoria Hervey,Piers Morgan, Max Beesley,Sting,Paul Daniels,Jonathan Ross,Victoria Beckham, ,Stan Collimore violent prick! kilroy Silk, Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter,Westlife (ugh),Baby Spice dunno why?,Christian Slater, elle mcphearson,Nicole Kidman (cold),Russell Crowe,Sophie Anderton (bitch vibes),will self,Rolf Harris,Cilla Black, Prince, Katie Price, Most boy bands and girl bands.

It's weird to judge people on what you see. I mean they could be right arseholes. Infact most celebrities probably are arseholes. Most politicians are.
    Seeing as about one quarter of the people on the insincere list have either been accused of or convicted of sex offenses it's pretty much a given.With you on Gwenyth Paltrow,never warmed to her though she is stunning looking and a talented actress just does not come across as very likeable.

haha that's some list little kitty :)

No I didn't mean the post as a celebrity idolise, devalue thing. Just obviously they are people that everyone has an opinion on.

it was more of a thing where something about someone just makes you feel at ease and other people have a thing that makes go 'mmm not too sure about him' and why you feel like that. Obviously you meet people in real life every day and you do the same call on them. We seen it in Ireland with a lot of the priests and how they were so trusted and looked up to and very often charismatic but im sure if people who knew them thought back, there would be little hints to their real side as opposed to their public image portrayed.

I remember Jimmy Saville was appearing as a guest on Big Brother years ago. My husband was flicking past the channel and when he seen him, he was telling me about 'Jim will fix it', id never heard of it. At this time he was still seen as a British 'national treasure'. Before changing the channel over, my husband said, 'I wonder when something dodgy will come out about him'

So I was just thinking there is something about being false that is nearly always very obvious but often we ignore our gut feeling because the person says or does something that appears to be gracious or sincere.

and yes we don't really know these people so its just speculation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

darkdubh wrote: »
    Seeing as about one quarter of the people on the insincere list have either been accused of or convicted of sex offenses it's pretty much a given.With you on Gwenyth Paltrow,never warmed to her though she is stunning looking and a talented actress just does not come across as very likeable.
    I would take her fashion tips not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 porcino

I remember years ago I was at a BB King concert in the National Stadium on South Circular Road, Dublin. The place was packed and when the support band finished most people went out for a cigarette or to the bar. There was a couple sitting in front of me and the guy turned and asked me did I know the name of the support band and I told him. I thought I knew his face but wasn't certain as he had a beard. Anyway, after chatting for a couple of minutes I realised he was Elvis Costello. He saw that I recognised him but we just continued chatting away for about half an hour, mostly about music, until the main act came on.

After the show finished he was mobbed by people looking for his autograph and I was very surprised (as he was so busy) when he leaned over to me and said thanks for the chat and wished me a good night. He was already a big name at the time but he was so normal and down to earth to meet.

I also remember seeing David Walliams and Matt Lucas in Eason's on Dawson Street where they were doing a book signing (Little Britain was huge on TV at the time). I didn't even know they were going to be there and had just wandered in to browse. Anyway, they had signed and were leaving when David Walliams looked back and saw more people had just turned up. Without any prompting from anyone they both went back to them and stayed until everyone who wanted to see them had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

SINCERE

Insincere

How is Russell Brand insincere? He may be loud and annoying at times. Has an interest in his fellow human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Just one of many sincere moments by the King of Pop Michael Jackson Saved My Grandma

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Taylor Swift is probably the most sincere. Like the fact she invited some of her normal fans to her house to listen to her new album before it was released. I know it may seem like a marketing stunt. But inviting a few no bodies from Twitter isnt going to sell you tons more CDs. Also Lena Dunham said she is exactly like you see on interviews and TV.

Advertisement