Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good job I love dogs!

Options
  • 11-09-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

Last week we found a small collie pup on the road outside our gate. We brought him in, fed him and settled him with our red setter. I made enquiries in case someone had lost him but so far no-one has come looking for him so I think he is going to be ours!
    The red setter arrived on our doorstep 3 Christmasses ago, he has been dumped outside our gate - you could see where his collar had been taken off. He is a beautiful dog but suffers from eplipsy (has small fits every now and again) which is why, I think, he was dumped.
    The pup shows signs that he will be a good cattle dog, as he shows courage when faced with our cows. I reckon he's about 2 months old, so I'm delighed with him.
    I say 'sucks' to the nice people that left these dogs to fend for themselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The mentality of people who dump dogs ( or any animal ) is quite beyond me , tbh I don't think any of the people in this forum can get their heads around it.
    Fair play for taking these guys in - just don't ' advertise ' where you got them or you may well find a few more surprises at your gate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Good on your Katy Mac. We were always like that down home, I think other than hunting dogs, and the current one, all the dogs we had growing up had been dumped or strayed in and we just kept them. Lovely dogs each and every one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Fair play to you taking that abandoned pup in. We got our 8 month old collie from a rescue centre a week ago. Looking at this beautiful dog, I just can't get my head round the fact that he was abandoned along a busy road by his previous owner. I keep thinking that he might have gotten lost and that the original owner will show up to claim him:(

I wonder about the type of person who would abandon a dog who when you think about it is very like a child in that all they want is a home, food and some love. If they can turn their back on a dog, what way would they treat a child who is more demanding (I know as I've got five kids:))

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

All three of mine were dumped ! I have never had to seek out a dog, they have always found me.

Advertisement