Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do these look different in Firefox/IE/Chrome

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Check www.djbarcoe.com in Firefox then IE.

Navigation is 4 speakers.
    In Firefox the image(speakers) quality is different to that in IE and Chrome. Why is this? I want to get them looking like(quality wise) what they look like in IE/Chrome.
    Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Your navigation images appear to be quite large (Home is 349x339 but displayed as 169x169 - note the different aspect ratio too).

You should create 169x169 images for a consistent appearance in all browsers. This will also reduce the size of the files to be downloaded.

The reason they appear differently in IE/Firefox is because they must have different algorithms for resizing images.

PS Your stylesheet has two typos:
    a:hover  {
       color: yellow ;
       background-color: transparen ; [b]/* Missing 't' in transparent. */[/b]

}

a:active {
       background-color: transparen ; [b]/* Same here. */[/b]
     }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

daymobrew wrote: »
    Your navigation images appear to be quite large (Home is 349x339 but displayed as 169x169 - note the different aspect ratio too).

You should create 169x169 images for a consistent appearance in all browsers. This will also reduce the size of the files to be downloaded.

The reason they appear differently in IE/Firefox is because they must have different algorithms for resizing images.

PS Your stylesheet has two typos:
    a:hover  {
       background-color: transparen ; [B]/* Missing 't' in transparent. */[/B]

}

a:active {
       background-color: transparen ; [B]/* Same here. */[/B]
     }

You've made my day. That little thing was annoying me for ages. I made em 169x169's, they look great now! Thank you daymobrew !! :D

Advertisement