Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAfee 4263/4264 problems?

Options
  • 15-05-2003 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Seem to be having some strange problems (file locks, machine crashes) since the introduction of the latest McAfee DAT's on the 4240 engine. NAI seem very vague in their reponse, which is normally a sign that somethings up.

Anyone else having problms with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I get file locks with the damn thing all the time - have done off and on for two years now (under Win2k, w/NTFS partitions)

However, very recently (since I installed the Superdat for 4263, I'd bet) one of the McAfee tasks - can't remember which one, I think it was a scheduler - has, at random intervals, started absorbing all available CPU time (keeping the PC at 100% CPU utilisation all the whole time) - the only solution is to reboot.

Don't know what it is but I'm not impressed...
    Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

4264 seems to have sorted out the problem that was hanging our Exchange server, but we're still having problems with file locks on our PLC databases(but if I disable virus checking on these files the problem magicly goes away). NAI are still being very quiet.

Advertisement