Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New change of site for 2600 meets

Options
  • 09-05-2003 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Well as some of you may have noticed, after a disagreement with tom-thebox and ahem some other problems too

we no longer use that domain name, but the owner (tom-thebox) has decided to set up his own using our previous domain ? (best of luck) anyway..

site is now at www.dublin2600.org and contact : meetings@dublin2600.org

next meet is in the usual place with new ppl always welcome., all the usual members minus one will be there

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Its a shame for this to happen just as the group was getting going, but what can you do when some peoples egos are bigger than the group.

See ya at the usual place usual time next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Ahem you had no sort of agreement what so ever with TBN, you state it all over your site your group is sponsored by no body. I was going to your meets I supplied you with a domain, hosting, and design out of my own pocket, your remarks are slandering my company’s name and I request they are removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you have a valid complaint against an Irish hosting company you should post it on the hosting board.. or maybe on http://www.irishhostreview.com/

Do you have proof of your claims?

Originally posted by blacknight

Do you have proof of your claims?

A sales invoice from TBN's merchant would be great proof to be honest :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

So, lets get this straight.

theciscokid/2600 had their domain (www.2600ireland.com) which tom-thebox agreed to host with his company (which tom disputes, but if that's the case then why did you host them?) and now there's some sort of disagreement (which doesn't seem to be in dispute) and tom is continuing to host the site, and has assumed control of it (which is clear from my current reading of the site).

Tom, what's your argument? That the dispute with you and not your company?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ecksor

Tom, what's your argument? That the dispute with you and not your company?

Hey Ecksor

Its very unlike you to condone bickering on hosting issues on the security board :), however as my post stated there was not agreement between cisco¡¦s 2600 group with TBN, I was going to the meets I stated I would get a site going for 2600 so I did, went and regged a nice domain added a pinch of hosting and whipped up a design.

As its stated all over 2600 the meets are sponsored by nobody, I made the 2600ireland site what I intend to do with my domain and hosting account and design is none of your business to be honest.

As I stated there was no sort of agreement between Mr Cisco and TBN no payments exchanged hands, this is simply my site. I would once again request that this post is edited or removed as my solicitor informs me its in breach of the Defamation Act, 1961 section 20.

Thanking you kindly. :cool:

If I'm going to edit anything, then I want to know exactly what the position is.

I'm not interested in any 'hosting issues', but if there's been some sort of split and theciscokid wants to make that known, then I don't have a problem with that.

And you didn't answer the question that you quoted. Is the essence of your complaint that the agreement/disagreement was with you, and not with your company?

Is the essence of your complaint that the agreement/disagreement was with you, and not with your company?

The disagreement is with me and not my company. It has notting at all to do with TBN.

I will edit the original post to reflect that.

I will edit the original post to reflect that.

:D

Thank you kindly.

Regards

• Advertisement

Btw, tom, the following piece of text on the bottom of www.2600ireland.com might confuse people:
    hosting kindly provided by Ireland's fastest multi-homed 100 mbit provider theboxnetwork.ie

You might want to reword that so that other people don't make the mistake of thinking that there was some sort of agreement (formal or otherwise) with theboxnetwork.ie or jump to any other conclusions that might call your impeccable ethics into question.

Btw, tom, the following piece of text on the bottom of www.2600ireland.com might confuse people:

You might want to reword that so that other people don't make the mistake of thinking that there was some sort of agreement (formal or otherwise) with theboxnetwork.ie or jump to any other conclusions that might call your impeccable ethics into question.

That link is what the disagreement was over, the group didnt want sponsership from the box network, so they did not get it, so if I bought the domain supplyed the hosting and design, so if there was no sponsership then I provided the site domain and design so as you can see it is now mine. ;) if me ethics are a bit tricky for you Mr Ecksor feel free to drop me a line.

As for the pice of text at the end of MY site I would like it on MY site so it is on MY site. As well as being on dublin2600.com and 2600dublin.com as they are MY sites.

Hope this cleared things up for you. If not as always you are free to drop me a line.

As always its been a pleasure.

Kindest Regards

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    That link is what the disagreement was over, the group didnt want sponsership from the box network, so they did not get it,

And quite rightly. I hope they explained to you that a 2600 meet cannot be sponsored, or it is not a 2600 meet. I interpret that to include overt sponsorship on a website.

[edit]Actually, I see that you mention this fact on your homepage, apologies for thinking that you might be unaware of this[/edit]
    so if I bought the domain supplyed the hosting and design, so if there was no sponsership then I provided the site domain and design so as you can see it is now mine.

No question of that. You seem to be implying that your site is somehow associated with or representing 2600 meets in dublin though, which cannot be 'owned' by someone. If I misinterpreted this implication then I apologise in advance of course.
    if me ethics are a bit tricky for you Mr Ecksor feel free to drop me a line.

Not at all, I just wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, so I felt that a good open clarification of the situation would be to everyone's benefit.
    As for the pice of text at the end of MY site I would like it on MY site so it is on MY site. As well as being on dublin2600.com and 2600dublin.com as they are MY sites.
    Hope this cleared things up for you.

Couldn't be clearer. Thanks for taking the time.

I would also request you remove the quote from 2600ireland.com aswell please.

The 2600ireland site is not why I posted here I couldnt care less who you think I am associated with or who I am NOT associated with for that matter.

I posted to have the slander placed against TBN removed, in which it was until you went and posted a quote from 2600ireland.com.

For the record I dont care who you think 2600ireland are associated I dont care what your view on 2600ireland is, I am just entertaining your posts for you to removed the requested comments. Remove it if you like I am requesting for it to be removed if you dont it doest really bother me.

I didnt aspect to get much joy from you on this matter, but had some time free so said I would give it a go then remembered I don’t give a poof :D
    :rolleyes:

Any how have a good one, I think I will get some sleepy before work tomorrow :D

That quote is actually pretty comical, if any one else posted it they would be booted for spamming :)

Night Night:D

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    I would also request you remove the quote from 2600ireland.com aswell please.

Why? I just copied/pasted it directly from YOUR site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

So let me get this straight..
    we now have..
    http://www.dublin2600.org
    http://www.2600dublin.com
    http://www.Dublin2600.com
    and
    http://www.2600ireland.com
    (Have I missed any?)

And this is all stemming from "a dispute ... over [2600ireland]’s design"? Seriously? Over the design? (Would anyone care to elaborate on this?)

I don't mean to sound too idealistic here, but the 2600 meets are all about trying to create some sort of 'community' of security-minded dorks, no? Hows about y'all try and work this out instead of building up a collection of impressive-sounding, but badly-used domains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

So let me get this straight..
    we now have..
    http://www.dublin2600.org
    http://www.2600dublin.com
    http://www.Dublin2600.com
    and
    http://www.2600ireland.com
    (Have I missed any?)

And this is all stemming from "a dispute ... over [2600ireland]’s design"? Seriously? Over the design? (Would anyone care to elaborate on this?)

hey obey giant,

to put it shortly, we and i speak for the group were kindly hosted by (i wont say the co.) but you know who, prob. get his lawyers after us,

and i add this, i offered to pay also, but none the less..

it was well recieved, after a while (and its not just the site design) i think l0gistics post spells that out, and i think most of the other boarders know what i mean..

we decided its better to switch hosts - that was all...

now, i dont think tom took it all to well, he immediately regged dublin2600.com and 2600dublin.com (like he needed to)

i think it was just so we couldn't get them - childish eh?

so we now have our usual meets, with all the same ppl at the same place as offically advertised on the 2600.com site and in the back of the mag , our site?

www.dublin2600.org

if tom wants to set up his own thats fine by us, but dont interfere with ours
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

Right this is all getting very silly indeed.

In fact if there weren't one or two questions which still need to be clarified I would have locked this thread when I first noticed it starting to head downhill this afternoon.

Try to cut out the sniping or at least confine it to private messages.

Once everything is cleared up I propose a sticky locked thread with details of 2600 meets in Ireland to stop this childishness rearing its head every month.

Why? I just copied/pasted it directly from YOUR site.

You have to laugh mr ecksor :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement