Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween walk of shame is X2

• 31-10-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

ok so we have all done it, that walk of shame on the way home still in ur clothes from the night usually smelling of beer or smoke, passing traffic staring at you, juding you for what you (or who) u did !!!

Well Halloween is always that special time of year where the walk of Shame is muliplied x2 , why?

Well many moons ago it happened to me only to walk to streets the next morning while all the traffic was stopped in a jam a very hungover drunken half dressed zombie was stumbling passed the cars with horrifed school kids in them, and even more horrifed mothers.

yes this is when the walk o shame is x2 !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Very good point - if I do wake early tomorrow I will be keeping an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Trying to get a taxi with no shirt, torn jeans shorts and painted green with massive fake eyebrows is not easy.

Even though they were making me angry, they should know that they wouldnt like it if I was angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Why would it bother you if you're dressed up? No one will know you, and people who do will have a harder time recognising you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The walk of shame is a myth.

I have trouble even keeping my eyes open enough to see oncoming traffic early in the morning, let alone if somebody passing me on the street has spent the night under a hedge.

• And I've spent the night somewhere in a totally innocent situation like missed the last bus home and had to stay with a friend, I'd hate to think people were looking at me and judging me, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

For those of you dressing up as a zombie: do not approach my house.

I'm not one for taking risks, so if I see anything resembling a zombie approaching my house, I will use force (read: explosives) to repel it.

You have been warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Never seen it happen but wouldn't mind seen some nurses or maids walking the streets in the morning. If i was going out id prob go as father ted its a win win doubt anyone would give you dirty looks walking around dressed as a priest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

In college a few years ago they had the Halloween party on the Wednesday and the Halloween was the next Sunday or Monday.

Cut to Thursday morning and me on the bus with all these business men in their suits and me reaking of booze dressed in full Ghostbuster outfit....those were the days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I had that once. I got on the bus, everyone got off.

Mental note: don't do it when you went dressed as a terrorist.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Jumpy wrote: »
    Trying to get a taxi with no shirt, torn jeans shorts and painted green with massive fake eyebrows is not easy.

Even though they were making me angry, they should know that they wouldnt like it if I was angry.

I fell/was pushed into the Liffey one night off the Millenium Bridge when I was on a complete bender, had to walk home 'cos no taxi would go near me! That was a laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

magick wrote: »
    ok so we have all done it, that walk of shame on the way home still in ur clothes from the night usually smelling of beer or smoke, passing traffic staring at you, judging you for what you (or who) u did !!!

Well Halloween is always that special time of year where the walk of Shame is muliplied x2 , why?

If they're judging you for what or who you've done just look at them in the eye and say in a proud and happy voice "I just got me some! Are you jealous?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

The theme of the halloween party I was at last night was 'find something that's not considered sexy at all and MAKE it sexy'. I went as a sexy bath mat. Major walk of shame this morning! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Vain wrote: »
    Never seen it happen but wouldn't mind seen some nurses or maids walking the streets in the morning. If i was going out id prob go as father ted its a win win doubt anyone would give you dirty looks walking around dressed as a priest.

Unless you had a 'blowjob baby' ;)

Last year Halloween was a Wed/Thurs so the following morning was a work morning and I had a walk down the dual carriageway past all the rush hour traffic. I was covered in yellow make up, a makeshift bald cap, a pillow under my jumper and a hungover, zombie-like stagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This morning was a laugh. I was in a café having a full Irish and the whole place was full of hung over jokers, fairies and nurses drinking tea and eating bacon sandwiches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Ah the many times I've done "the walk" in the Superman tights.

First eyar it happened i woke up somewhere around Dennehys cross in cork city, had to get back to Barrack Street, except that i didn't really know where I was, and my costume had no pockets, which meant I had no money, no phone, and no keys to even get into my place....cue a whole lot of cars beeping at me and getting flipped the super-bird.

The last time I took the tights out was a year ago, wound up in Glanmire, (best not to ask), and had to make it back into the city. Now this is a walk of some considerable miles, so I figured I needed to "blend in". The insignia had been destroyed the previous night, so I just rolled up the sleeves, turned the "boots" inside out and pulled them up over my knees, and then, the coup de gras as it were, I wore the cape like a tutu....don't ask me why I thought this would all make me less conspicuous, luckily I found what must have been the bravest taxi driver in all of Ireland. Took me back into the city without so much as batting an eyelid.....good times, good times.

.....I forgot to mention I still had a drawn on spitcurl for my walk from glanmire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

The secret to avoiding the walk of shame is to have a kickass house party in your own house, and let everyone else do the walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I did a shameful walk in bare feet and skirt this morning. Got a few looks coming up Meath street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

magick wrote: »
    ok so we have all done it, that walk of shame on the way home !

Some may call it the walk of shame . . . I prefer to call it . . . . .

The lap of victory!!!
    :pac:

Advertisement