Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheeler Dealers TV show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

kupus wrote: »
    yeah he died :(, no more car talk, i havent a clue how to save podcasts so i usuallly stream it from that site. works for me anyway!!

What ever floats yer boat, but I used to get it from itunes.I now get it from the media go app.I usually want to listen to it when I am out walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Honda s2000 tonight... Previous similar cars have not ended well...

The 'drift' skyline
    The RX7 with the gash wheels and spoiler
    The Impreza with viper stripes

Doesn't bode well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

mloc123 wrote: »

The 'drift' skyline

Doesn't bode well
    love these cars but that one is probably one of the worst episodes I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

mloc123 wrote: »

The 'drift' skyline

Doesn't bode well

Dont forget the Nissan Skyline they turned into a drift car with a 500 quid budget, :D
    They lashed a stupid, massive , second hand spoiler on it . Instant drift car lol

They also spent ages showing an Irish lad doing the wheel alignment / camber like it was some massive job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

9pm on Discovery ;)

Tzardine wrote: »
    Dont forget the Nissan Skyline they turned into a drift car with a 500 quid budget, :D
    They lashed a stupid, massive , second hand spoiler on it . Instant drift car lol

They also spent ages showing an Irish lad doing the wheel alignment / camber like it was some massive job.

the impreza with the skyline engine???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I can't understand how the previous owner poored so much money into the engine but wasn't able to get the faulty Lamda sensor and VTEC controller diagnosed.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nice car when it was finished.

Not the first time I've seen someone buy back their own car on it,but as was pointed out,the original mechanic who worked on it before it was sold must have been rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

edburg wrote: »
    Find that hard to believe being an he is a engineer and having watched him live at NEC to. He knew what he was doing at NEC and had no help with work there. Sure he run a workshop for Brewer's garage before opening one of his own.

I will say is welding is average compared to some, some the work I seen needed a quite a bit of tidying up before paint. Having said that he is an all rounder so good at everything but great at something.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    I agree i think he is more of an old school mechanic and as mentioned several times over the years he learned his trade on the air cooled vws over the years.
    He must have been telling lies when I saw him being interviewed on TV as I more or less quoted what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sam Kade wrote: »
    He must have been telling lies when I saw him being interviewed on TV as I more or less quoted what he said.

Ed was just having ya on id say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The S2000 is for sale on ebay. Seems like the guy that 'bought' it was a set up. Interesting to read the description on the add. There was an awful lot more done to solve the problems than shown on the tv. Including a honda technician being brought in to work on the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-S2000-2003-/301763958806?hash=item4642889816

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Its all entertainment I suppose. I thought when I watched the show last night it seemed setup how the original owner bought it back. Cool car though, not sure I'd want that particular one since it had a problematic history. I'd want a loved one from day one.

Tzardine wrote: »
    The S2000 is for sale on ebay. Seems like the guy that 'bought' it was a set up. Interesting to read the description on the add. There was an awful lot more done to solve the problems than shown on the tv. Including a honda technician being brought in to work on the car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-S2000-2003-/301763958806?hash=item4642889816

I wonder when was the car actually sold off,if you look at when he was doing an internet search you could clearly see the date was April 2015,however that photo is the wheeler dealers garage and their yellow Mercedes sprinter van,interesting to know from search to "resale" how long did it all take I wonder.weeks,months maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Senecio wrote: »
    I can't understand how the previous owner poored so much money into the engine but wasn't able to get the faulty Lamda sensor and VTEC controller diagnosed.

Rebuilt engine and probably checked that part but instead of fitting the seals Ed used he took a short cut and caused the problem using silicone instead, after the rebuild work was done.

No comment on lambda sensor.

KC161 wrote: »
    Not the first time I've seen someone buy back their own car on it,but as was pointed out,the original mechanic who worked on it before it was sold must have been rubbish.

Didn't a farmer buy some cheapo ferrari/2 seater thing in red back that was sitting in his barn for ages.

• Advertisement

Didn't a farmer buy some cheapo ferrari/2 seater thing in red back that was sitting in his barn for ages.

yeah,at least I think it was a Ferrari,but this thing with the S2000 being bought back must be a fix unless the seller/buyer was told stuff off screen about what was done to it off camera/behind the scenes,that car sold for £7000 yet is on ebay for £7500 with the attached photo's taken at WD HQ,or did the guy in the arsenal jersey buy it and not want to appear on camera :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Porsche 914 I think.

Porsche 914 I think.

Could be I cant remember, just a passing memory of a cheap 2 seater from a super car brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Yes, it was a Porsche 914. The Snakeskin Mazda RX7 was also bought back by the original owner.

here's the next car for the dynamic duo :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_M12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I was very disappointed with the RX7 episode, it was crying out for a car in need of an engine rebuild .

the mx5 wasn't a great turn around either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

They should have done an engine rebuild on the RX7 and show the world what it's like to get it done and have Mike act the gobsh!te putting in a seal or something like that rather than the utter nonsense that went on. Snakeskin??? Da fvck!?

The american porche is the one i hated the most followed by the mazda. That green was terrible.

Another of my favorite was the old 6 series Beemer that was a gorgeous original car.

• Advertisement

Oh and another high recomendation i completely forgot about the other day but if any of ye are into a real engineeering car build i have been following bad obsession motorsport on youtube the past couple of years they are building an old mini with a gt four engine and running gear its a must watch.

https://youtu.be/7hCPODjJO7s

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement