Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOE Query

Options
  • 20-02-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone can answer my query regarding DOE for my camper. I read the sticky but I am still unclear on the matter.

I will be taking my camper for DOE shortly (prior to renewing road tax on April 1st).
    The camper is a 2004 Primastar which was converted into a camper in 2011.

My understanding is that when the test is completed I then apply to my Local Authority for a CRW. Will the CRW issue from the date of the test or will it be backdated ? Also , when will that CRW expire ? One year or 2 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Hi,

Regardless of when you present the pass docs to your local authority, the date that goes on the crw is the date that the test was done. I had mine tested in august but didn't get the crw until feb.

A cert is for two years until the vehicle is ten years old, and then the test is needed every year. The renewal date will be on the crw.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Thanks for that.

Fingers crossed for the test then.

Advertisement