Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thetford Cassette Toilet C4 - Blade seems to be stuck to the lip seal on the cassette

Options
  • 25-02-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

The toilet has not been used for a while and the blade was left in the closed position during the winter by the previous owner.
    The blade opener knob on the cassette waste tank is barely moving. I presume this is because the blade seems to be stuck to the lip seal, or is the blade opener knob a separate problem?

Read in the user manual that to fix this problem to spray silicone around the blade and the lip seal, so did that last night. Haven't checked yet today to see if it worked.

Just wondering how long do you need to leave this silicone for it to work its magic?
    What is Plan B if the above doesnt work?
    Any point in opening the 8 screws underneath the sliding cover to try to free the blade from the lip seal?

Any advice / tips to get this sorted would be great.

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Well the silicone spray worked its magic! Praise the Lord!

Now that its working two questions:
    • when you press the valve blade knob to empty the toilet contents into the waste tank, should the blade open completely or just about 3/4 way?
    • when you press the flush knob how much of the pink fluid gets released into the toilet, approx 100ml?
    Thanks alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It should open all the way.

Ok. When the cassette is out of the camper on the ground the blade opens fully when the blade opener knob is twisted.

But when the cassette is back in the camper and the blade is opened via the valve blade knob it only opens about 3/4 way.

Any ideas? More silicone spray around the blade and the lip seal?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Ok. When the cassette is out of the camper on the ground the blade opens fully when the blade opener knob is twisted.

But when the cassette is back in the camper and the blade is opened via the valve blade knob it only opens about 3/4 way.

Any ideas? More silicone spray around the blade and the lip seal?

Should open all the way. Sometimes toilet roll can get stuck there, is there any damage to the seal. They are cheap to replace.

I always put olive oil on the seal after I empty it.

650Ginge wrote: »
    Should open all the way. Sometimes toilet roll can get stuck there, is there any damage to the seal. They are cheap to replace.

I always put olive oil on the seal after I empty it.

Thanks, yeah the seal is in good condition, doesn't look frayed or worn, added more silicone spray to it and the blade last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement