Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silent hill 2

Options
  • 07-01-2003 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

thinkning about buying said game..anyone played it? what are your views? is it good?
    thanks

also castlevania for the gba!good or bad:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Go get this, I cant emphasise that enough. Unless slow burning games bore you.... (fifa series fan, smackdown fan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

essential purchase, classic game!!!!
    But to get the best experience make sure u play it on the hard puzzle difficulty and i recommend the medium or hard monster difficulty too but that doesent matter too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

If you liked silent hill 1 you'll love it.
    Personally, hated the first game, and hated this almost as much, 6 hours of pain before its all over....strangely additive, as i played it that long with a mate, and spent all of the six hours complaining, but couldn't stop playing, dunno why :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A very strange strange game, I liked it, and you want to see all the endings, but its a but too hard sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yep it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Absolutely amazing. One of the PS2 greats, along with MGS2, GTA3, and Getaway(IMHO).

It's probably one of the most terrifying games I've ever played, and I'm not shamed to admit this. ;) I don't usually get so worked up playing a game, but there's parts in the game where you just want to save, turn of the console, and have a warm sugary cup of tea and a nice cry. :(

Stunning graphics, extremely brilliant atmosphere, amazing story-line, but slightly awkward gameplay (As you can expect with any RPG).

On an interesting note, the game developers, Konami, hired world renowned serial killer psychiatrists - They used their knowledge of the truly F'ed up minds from around the world to create this, simply put, psychological mind-f**ker! Pretty creepy when you think about it.

Enjoy.

-DA-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes, play the game on your own (headphones if possible). DONT play it with a few beers and the lads around. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah headphones are great in SH2 because for the most part its the sounds that scare you. It was the little short sound effects that scared the crap outta me the most. I love that Pyramid Head thing too.

*Spoiler*

Ye remember in the lakeside hotel at the end and you go up to the third floor only to realise the stairs is barred with a caged fence thing and then you hear a womans voice go : "JAAAAAAAMES!". I sat there not moving for a minute with a shocked expression on my face :) It's full of little things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Try and get it with the "making of" dvd with it, so you can enjoy laughing at some truly stupid looking japanese blokes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

thanks guys!! sounds like one to get so..ill pick it up on thursday id say..no college due to college ball or something..as a matter of fact loved silent hill 1... truely a frightening game compared to res evil series bar the cracker that was the original on the ps..liked it so much got the remake on the cube..stunning game..

anyone know how much silent hill is now? about 60 euro yeah? probably about 70 in game though..good on em..:rolleyes:

thanks everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i tend to rent games like this from xtra vision, or whatever your local video store is...

i would definately recommend this though, although i dont personally thing it was as good as the first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

best time to play it is in the middle of the night, with no one in the house, the lights off and the sound turned waay up and totally on your own. the constant unnerving sounds really freak you out and the fact everything is shrouded in darkness or fog really helps with the jump factor. its not as good as the first one in terms of gameplay but for scares it is untouchable.

Advertisement