Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I using the right Route from Maynooth to Dublin 12?

• 27-02-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi Guys, I've just moved to maynooth recently and have to travel to dublin every weekdays. My job (In Calmount business park. just off the m50 ballymount roundabout in Walkingstown)start at 8:30 and finish between 17:00 to 17:30. Currently for going to work, I am taking the route from Maynooth--->N4--->M50--->take the exist of ballymount & Cookstown. it take me about 50mins to 1 hour and half. I tried to take from Maynooth-->celbridge--->new nangor road-->N7---M50. But it could be even worse some time. What is my best route from maynooth to dublin 12?

one of my work mate told me try to use maynooth-->celbridge--->newcastle--->N7 which I tried when I go back to maynooth after work. It take me only 45mins most of time.

Hope the traffic in dublin will have a huge improvement soon although it sounds a bit impossible......

Am I doing my best on these routes? Any tips and suggestions would much appreciated!!icon10.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Depends, where abouts in Walkinstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lidbd

prospect wrote: »
    Depends, where abouts in Walkinstown?

Calmount business park. Just off the M50 (Ballymount) roundabout. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

lidbd wrote: »
    Calmount business park. Just off the M50 (Ballymount) roundabout. :)

Possibly Maynooth-->Celbridge---->Newcastle---->M7--->Belgard Road--->Ballymount

That way avoid Mad Cow, M50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Riskymove wrote: »
    Possibly Maynooth-->Celbridge---->Newcastle---->M7--->Belgard Road--->Ballymount

Last year I was going from Maynooth to Tallaght village my route was:

Maynooth=>M4=>Lucan=>Clondalkin(not through village)=>Belgard Rd=>Tallaght

I used a good lot of back roads everywhere and made it in bout 45 mins. If you take 45 mins each time, i would be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

M50 exit to Ballymount is terrible at the moment due to the split in the lanes. Can you make it to the N7 easy enough? Cut through Citywest towards the N81 then up through Cookstown towards Belgard, down Embankment road, over the M50 in to Ballymount.

When I was coming off at Ballymount before the M50 split there and going in the opposite direction, traffic coming the other way seemed very light.

• Advertisement

chris85 wrote: »
    Last year I was going from Maynooth to Tallaght village my route was:

Maynooth=>M4=>Lucan=>Clondalkin(not through village)=>Belgard Rd=>Tallaght

I used a good lot of back roads everywhere and made it in bout 45 mins. If you take 45 mins each time, i would be happy with that.

Well from celbridge to tallaght i would go:

celbridge=>newcastle=>saggart>Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

(Moved to C&T)

I would try that, or:

Maynooth -> N4 to Lucan (Woodies) -> Outer ring road to N7 -> Belgard Road -> Ballymount

Perhaps not going home in the evening though as Belgard Road would be busy going onto N7

unkel wrote: »
    (Moved to C&T)

I would try that, or:

Maynooth -> N4 to Lucan (Woodies) -> Outer ring road to N7 -> Belgard Road -> Ballymount

Perhaps not going home in the evening though as Belgard Road would be busy going onto N7

nah N4 lucan to M50 crazy at the moment due to upgrade roadworks

go Celbridge -->Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

lidbd wrote: »
    one of my work mate told me try to use maynooth-->celbridge--->newcastle--->N7 which I tried when I go back to maynooth after work. It take me only 45mins most of time.

My experience is this is 2x faster in the morning than the evenings, due to the N7... try it heading in if possible. Depends on times obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lidbd

You Guys really helpful.
    icon14.gif
    Would Like to say thank you to you all!!!!icon14.gificon14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

nah N4 lucan to M50 crazy at the moment due to upgrade roadworks

I didn't suggest N4 Lucan to M50 ;)

unkel wrote: »
    I didn't suggest N4 Lucan to M50 ;)

even the N4 as far as woodies can be crazy.

I have gone over the N4 from celbridge and you can see traffic backed up the motorway into the distance!!

Advertisement