Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condoms/Nuva ring

Options
  • 24-03-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and my boyfriend have been going out for 1 year now and recentley I have started usin the nuva ring, we stil use condoms as well although we would both love to try it without them.! would this be ok when you use the ring or is it stil safer to keep using the both of them to prevent pregnancy.? would most people be comfortable just usin the one method or would they stil use the both of them.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

do you want a baby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

It's usually safer to use 2 forms of contraceptive than to use 1. Nuva Ring is much easier to use than the pill as you only need to think about it twice a month rather than every day so you should be fairly sure of whether you are using in correctly.

As most people around here will point out the bigger issue with ditching the condoms is to first make sure that both of you don't have anything that you could pass on to the other. Going to a doctor and getting tested is the next step for you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The phrase "Better safe than sorry" springs to mind OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

6th wrote: »
    The phrase "Better safe than sorry" springs to mind OP.

QFT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

If you are confident you are using it correctly and are ok with the increased risk of pregnancy id say go for it.
    Sex without a condom is much better... from the male point of view anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a personal decision. If you are confident that you are using the ring correctly and as described and are willing to place your trust in it, then go for it (assumg that the STI check is clear).

However, if you're unwilling to accept the risk, then stick with the condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Both of you should get an STI check first

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

iv been usin the pill now for about two years and its worked out great for both of us although I will admit waiting on that period for the first few times is dam scary but now everything is perfect, he also enjoys it a lot more

Advertisement