Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling down!

Options
  • 25-03-2008 5:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all!

Im a 22 year old male and lately i'm feeling very low in myself, Im getting all these intrusive thoughts like im no good, im selfish, felling guilty, etc.

Usually I get over my bad mood but this time its lastin a long time and im thinking of going to talk to my gp.

Sometimes when im at home im feeling gr8, loads of confidence and so on and then it just stops and i feel really crap again.
    Ive always gotten what i have wanted growing up and im doing really well for myself, i used to be very self-distructive, getting into trouble and so fort. But now Im doing a law degree and i feel great about that cause i know some people thought i would never amount to anything.

The worst thing i do is when im out i binge-drink and always feel depressed for days after, most of my friends are the same but they dont seem to get depressed after it and sometimes i feel the presure of reverting to self-harm, but thankfully i have not done this for years.

So hopefully talking to my gp will help somewhat but im scared to open up so hopefully ill go through with it.

Was just wondering if other people have gone through this and is there light at the end of tunnel??

Just hoping it doesn't all get too much for me and i do somthing with devestating consequences, but thankfully i dont have these thoughts and thats why i wanna seek help as to ensure i dont ever have these selfish thoughts.

Any advise welcome.

Btw thanks for taking the time to read this, i know i can go on a bit, lol

x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

First off hey bro. Would i be right that the depression is brought on by your drinking?

Looks like your doing well enough in life doing a law degree but then you have some problems with depression and that. Trust me your not the only one and there are ways out and you never need to hurt yourself.

P.S

lol dont worry about going pn a bit, talk as much as you like hehe just
    look at my thread on heroin lol iv been going on a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

ricey wrote: »
    First off hey bro. Would i be right that the depression is brought on by your drinking?

Looks like your doing well enough in life doing a law degree but then you have some problems with depression and that. Trust me your not the only one and there are ways out and you never need to hurt yourself.

P.S

lol dont worry about going pn a bit, talk as much as you like hehe just
    look at my thread on heroin lol iv been going on a bit :)

A part of it is because of the drinking but drink isnt really a problem, wouldn't bother me if i didnt drink for weeks. Its just when out drinking i feel the need to binge, it doesn't make sense - maybe its just a confidence issue.

Yes i looked at your thread - May i say you are a brave person who has made the right choice, keep it up dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I was the same as you i would not drink for weeks even a month or two
    but when i did drink it was always a binge and i could be drinking for two
    days or more i just couldn't stop. I also got voilent from it and very very
    depressed for days and days after it, swearing i would never drink again
    but i always would when the depression wore off and id be back at the
    start again drink like mad, depression, never drink again same story. Turns
    out i am a chronic alcoholic and i never taught i was. But thats me not
    you :) hope your getting on ok.

As for depression it always go's away and you will feel better but if your a
    depressed person normaly drink wont help it's just like drinking a load of
    depression in a bottle for a depressed person to drink. Makes the problem
    a million times worse then it is.

Advertisement