Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaseplan weekly auctions

Options
  • 27-02-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

The company Leaseplan in Sandyford have a weekly auction of all their returned cars - There is viewing by appointment only and I went over today just to pass some time.

I believe its a sealed envelope bidding process - not too sure about this though as there was only a security guard at the viewing and no salesperson.

Anyway - all sold as seen and many if not all have full service histories

A lot are serious high milers but there were a few interesting ones - one other thing is no guide price given so you'd have to do the research yourself

Some examples of whats on offer ( all mileage in kilometres )

04 Audi A3 1.6 Ambition 64K
    07 Alfa 159 1.8t 18K
    04 BMW 318ci 50k
    06 BMW 520d 134k
    03 Merc E200k 113k
    05 Saab 93 linear 98K
    05 volvo V70 25K

And the highest miler of the lot

03 Renault Laguna 176K

Worth a look the odd time as sometimes you could be lucky .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Interesting - what are the terms?

Is there a reserve price or does the highest bid win (even if really low)?

Could pick up a right bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

shanel23 wrote: »
    The company Leaseplan in Sandyford have a weekly auction of all their returned cars - There is viewing by appointment only and I went over today just to pass some time.

I believe its a sealed envelope bidding process - not too sure about this though as there was only a security guard at the viewing and no salesperson.

As far as I am aware the bidding is only open to Traders. If you are invited up to the yard the best thing to do is go in to the portacabin and let Willie know what you are interested in. Once all the bidding is done he will let you know what the best price is and will need an answer there and then.

I wouldn't be advising people to turn up unnanounced - the sales are not open to the public, nor are the vehicles for sale to the public. They are all sold as seen to the Trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

R.O.R wrote: »
    As far as I am aware the bidding is only open to Traders. If you are invited up to the yard the best thing to do is go in to the portacabin and let Willie know what you are interested in. Once all the bidding is done he will let you know what the best price is and will need an answer there and then.

I wouldn't be advising people to turn up unnanounced - the sales are not open to the public, nor are the vehicles for sale to the public. They are all sold as seen to the Trade.

Yep - you need to get on their "invite" list to get to view and as far as the salesman explanined to me over the phone - "sold as seen" but you can bid if you're not a trader - but yes they don't seem or want to cater for the general public - but they'll take your money ;)

Advertisement