Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay - Free Roaming in N.Ireland

Options
  • 02-07-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know which network provider allows me to make and receive calls when I am in N.ireland at no extra cost?

Prepay only..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Meteor
    Three

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Oonagh123

Thank you :-)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

All four networks' PAYG offers make it possible to receive calls for free in the UK but none allow you to call or text from any active offers/bundles you may have.

When roaming in the UK (or any other EEA country) and opted into their Europe roaming promotion, Meteor PAYG allows you to receive calls for free and make calls at the standard out-of-bundle rate. This rate though is substantially more than the standard EEA rate on Meteor's current PAYG plans (35c/min compared to EEA rate of 23c/min).

O2 have a similar scheme called O2 Travel. With this it is free to receive calls and 19c/min to make calls when roaming in the EEA. 10c connection charge applies but not in the UK.

Vodafone also have a similar scheme called Vodafone Passport. Free to receive calls in the UK (79c connection charge in other EEA countries). Standard out-of bundle rate to make calls (again, typically 35c/min).

With Three is is free to receive calls if roaming on their sister networks (Three UK in the UK). Other than that, standard EEA rates apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Three have an offer called "like home" which allows you to roam on any three network in Europe (prepay) or worldwide (bill pay) as if it was three Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Quackster wrote: »
    All four networks' PAYG offers make it possible to receive calls for free in the UK but none allow you to call or text from any active offers/bundles you may have.

With Three is is free to receive calls if roaming on their sister networks (Three UK in the UK). Other than that, standard EEA rates apply.

You're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

boardzz wrote: »
    You're wrong.

Aha. What a most useful and enlightening contribution! You might at least go to the trouble of pointing out how I am wrong for the benefit of the OP, me and any others who happen to read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Advertisement