Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum Meet up in April

• 18-03-2014 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Well since I've noticed a bit of interest for another meet up in the last meet up thread. So I've decided to make another thread to see who would be interested in coming along to another meet up.

I was thinking the weekend of April 4th or 5th. Maybe we could meet for a few drinks and chat in JW Sweetmans. Then, if people wanted, we could go out somewhere afterwards

Everybody is welcome. Boys and Girls. :D

What day for the meet up 11 votes

Friday 4th April
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 5th April
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Daith

I think I'm going to the Gloria gig on the 5th but if not I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dub_Guy

What is the general age group for the meetups?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tony91

Hey. I'd be interested in going. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Dub_Guy wrote: »
    What is the general age group for the meetups?

Hey Dubguy, the age group is anywhere from 18 onwards. There was a good mix of younger and older age groups the last time.

In meet u[ tradition, I forgot to post a list for those who could attend. Put your name in and continue

So:

LIST

1. playedalive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

In meet u[ tradition, I forgot to post a list for those who could attend. Put your name in and continue

So:

LIST

1. playedalive
    As far as I know, I have nothing planned on the 5th so I might go to this. :) Been a while since my last LBGT outing and I could really do with making some friends on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 opaque

Hey guys, have seen one or two of these go by so i think its about time i made the effort and went to one for the craic. Student in Galway so any info regards good places to kip for the night is mucho appreciated! Or info regarding newbies and all that would be sound. :)

opaque wrote: »
    Hey guys, have seen one or two of these go by so i think its about time i made the effort and went to one for the craic. Student in Galway so any info regards good places to kip for the night is mucho appreciated! Or info regarding newbies and all that would be sound. :)

Hi opaque. Newbies are more than welcome. All we just do is have a drink and chat in a pub at a table in JW Sweetmans. It's a central pub and it's not exclusive to the gay scene, so it is comfortable for those who are not out and don't want to be seen 'on the scene'. Though, sometimes, people go afterwards to the George or the Dragon, like people did the last time.

All I know about hostels in Dublin is that this one looks nice inside and is in Temple Bar so it's not far from O'Connell bridge.

http://barnacles.ie/

LIST

1. playedalive
    2. Daith

Would also recommend Barnacles for people looking for a hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

1. playedalive
    2. Daith
    3. Ash885

Should be good fun ^^

Well worth the trip to any newbies. There's some hostels in Smithfield and outside St. Stephen's Green as well which are cheap and cheerful. Only looking for somewhere to put the head down.

And if there's any girls who want to come along, remember it unfortunately always takes one or two to bite the bullet so come along :D Not just for the lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

1. playedalive
    2. Daith
    3. Ash885
    4.tipperaryboy

It's the Saturday right?
    Hope to make it, looking forward :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Nrrrrgh. Money troubles mean I may have to forgo this meetup. Also, my brother's 30th is close to that date. Sorry. :(

Well I put up a poll on this thread and it's close between Friday and Saturday. Though, Saturday seems to be winning.

I'm not sure whether I set the poll to expire after a while. Maybe a mod (Joeytheparrot?...) could check?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Endotoxin

Ash885 wrote: »
    1. playedalive
    2. Daith
    3. Ash885

Should be good fun ^^

Well worth the trip to any newbies. There's some hostels in Smithfield and outside St. Stephen's Green as well which are cheap and cheerful. Only looking for somewhere to put the head down.

And if there's any girls who want to come along, remember it unfortunately always takes one or two to bite the bullet so come along :D Not just for the lads!

Count me in too

1. playedalive
    2. Daith
    3. Ash885
    4. tipperaryboy
    5. Endotoxin

Should be a laugh! Keep the names coming haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've reset the poll to 0 and 0 and it closes on the 27th.

There were 19 people who voted in the poll and only 3 or 4 people expressing an interest so far so I dont think this is a big problem

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've reset the poll to 0 and 0 and it closes on the 27th.

There were 19 people who voted in the poll and only 3 or 4 people expressing an interest so far so I dont think this is a big problem

Doh that made a mess of it!!!!!

The best thing to do is just say on thread in the list beside your name whether Friday or Saturday works for you.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

So Let's do this again. Putting the days this time

1. playedalive (Saturday)

2. Daith (Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

Daith wrote: »
    2. Daith (Saturday)
    3. Manicmailman (Friday/Saturday

T'is been a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Dub_Guy

Adding to it...

2. Daith (Saturday)
    3. Manicmailman (Friday/Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Would love to go to this but I only get my hours for work that week so I don't know if I'll be able to travel to Dublin :( But it's a great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Endotoxin

Dub_Guy wrote: »
    Adding to it...

2. Daith (Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)
    5. Endo(Sat)

2. Daith (Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)
    5. Endo(Sat)
    6. Ash885 (Friday/Saturday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

2. Daith (Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)
    5. Endo(Sat)
    7. Emz93 (Saturday)

Think I'll bite the bullet and go to one of these! I still don't know my work roster for next week though but I'm normally finished reasonably early on Saturday so I'll pick that day! Super nervous already! (If I end up going!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

You're saying the day, but what's the time?

PeteK* wrote: »
    You're saying the day, but what's the time?

Norm around 7ish till late :-)

Adding.. :)

2. Daith (Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)
    5. Endo(Sat)
    7. Emz93 (Saturday)
    8. tipperaryboy (Saturday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Won't stick myself on the list just yet, but am a maybe, will see how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

I was there last time, but can't make this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it. And a word to newbies: the homoerotic hazing rituals may seem a bit daunting, but it's worth it once you've been inducted. ;)

qweerty wrote: »
    I was there last time, but can't make this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys it. And a word to newbies: the homoerotic hazing rituals may seem a bit daunting, but it's worth it once you've been inducted. ;)

I didn't know that 'that' was a ritual. :eek: I thought we were just..shaking hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

2. Daith (Saturday)
    4. Dub_Guy (Saturday)
    5. Endo(Sat)
    7. Emz93 (Saturday)
    8. tipperaryboy (Saturday)
    9. imme (Fri/Sat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

I didn't know that 'that' was a ritual. :eek: I thought we were just..shaking hands.

Was that your hand?

Can we say that this is happening on Sat?

Daith wrote: »
    Can we say that this is happening on Sat?

Yeah I guess the overwhelming vote is for the Saturday, starting from 7.30pm. That ok?

Edit: I rang JW Sweetmans to book a table for half 7. They said it should be ok. Will confirm.

• Advertisement

Just had confirmation from JW Sweetmans that there is a big table booked for us at 7.30pm on Saturday. I'll bring a sign anyway so you won't miss me. See you then guys :)

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Might pop in for a while :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys would be interested in going to this. New to Boards and have to go unreg because new user signups are disabled at the minute. And as I've never been to a meetup, what is the general age group? Is 25 too old?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mecirlandais

Hey guys I'd be interested in going. As I'm new to the meetups what is the general age group? Is 25 too old? :o:D

• Advertisement

Hey guys I'd be interested in going. As I'm new to the meetups what is the general age group? Is 25 too old? :o:D

Generally Anywhere from 19 onwards. Do come along. There are many twenty somethings and onwards there. :) Everybody is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

Room for one more newbie tomorrow night?

Any more nervous/scared newbies going?

newbie90 wrote: »
    Room for one more newbie tomorrow night?

Any more nervous/scared newbies going?

Yeah of course. There will be plenty of space. The more the merrier I say. You'll be more than welcome. :)

Bloody hell :P See you all later

What floor are we meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

What floor are we meeting?

I'd imagine 1st or 2nd? I'll be o'wer in 20ish mins

I'd imagine 1st or 2nd? I'll be o'wer in 20ish mins

Cool, I am on the first floor watching the rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mecirlandais

Hey whereabouts on first floor ye meeting? Just having a wander about to find people

Cool, I am on the first floor watching the rugby

were here in little snug on 2nd floor opposite bar

Heya guys! Pre drinks are kind of taking over here so might see you guys in the FL or the G if you're heading there! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement