Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fonfix - experience?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if any of you have used these guys before, there's a few things I've been wondering about their service but they don't seem to have a number to call to chat to them about it - only an automated line.
    Anyhow - I have both my screens on my S4 shattered and I want to make sure that it really will be covered by the €150 set price they're giving me online. I also want to find out how much their courier service costs for non-warranty repairs.
    Has anybody else here used them, and how did you get on? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

The Cool wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering if any of you have used these guys before, there's a few things I've been wondering about their service but they don't seem to have a number to call to chat to them about it - only an automated line.
    Anyhow - I have both my screens on my S4 shattered and I want to make sure that it really will be covered by the €150 set price they're giving me online. I also want to find out how much their courier service costs for non-warranty repairs.
    Has anybody else here used them, and how did you get on? Thanks!

Op - sorry to be bringing up an old thread but did you use Fonfix in the end ? im considering using them to repair the front glass on my wifes S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Hi Jambo, I did indeed but while my phone was in for repairs, they went out of business! This was in the middle of May so I doubt you'll have much luck there!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Thanks for that ! that explains why the wont answer their phones !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

That's odd, they're looking for staff on indeed.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Out of business? I had my HTC one repaired by them in June.

It was in warranty but I had a Monday off work and carphone warehouse told me I could bring it down to them and get it repaired in 3 hours for €15. I figured this was worth doing instead of being without the phone for a week. I drove down to sandyford and dropped it in. After three hours my repair status changed to sent back to manufacturer and I didn't see the phone again for over two weeks. I then had to take an hour off work one morning to pick it up as they're only open during office hours. I'd have been far better off dropping it in to carphone warehouse and letting them deal with fonfix for me. It wouldn't have cost me the €15 and I could have picked the phone up from their store any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

I've used them a few times and find them great. Haven't had an issue.
    They seem to be one of the very few places where you can get an official warranty repair done.
    Wouldn't use anywhere else for an expensive handset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Used them before for my S4 and they were brilliant. I still think they are in business.

Advertisement