Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole question

• 07-03-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im have been currently working for the past 3 months and havent been enjoying work but it paid my bills as i had a few since i was unemployed previous to this.Recently the company I work for has been experiencing financial problems and all staff are required to take a pay cut. I dont earn much as it is but with a reduction for the hours I work (39 a week), I will earn very little, I was thinking of leaving and maybe search for another job, I was wondering will I still be able to apply for the dole if I leave work on my own accord

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Im have been currently working for the past 3 months and havent been enjoying work but it paid my bills as i had a few since i was unemployed previous to this.Recently the company I work for has been experiencing financial problems and all staff are required to take a pay cut. I dont earn much as it is but with a reduction for the hours I work (39 a week), I will earn very little, I was thinking of leaving and maybe search for another job, I was wondering will I still be able to apply for the dole if I leave work on my own accord

If you leave your job of your own accord you may serve up to a 9 week disqualification period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 supermullman

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

You cannot be required to take a cut in your hourly rate!

You can only be required to take a cut in your hours if this is a term of your contract, or if it is standard practice in your industry.

If you do not accept the cut in pay or in hours, your employer may decide to make you redundant.

If made redundant, and if you have been working there for at least 2 years, he would have to pay you a redundancy payment, and you would not be disqualified from Jobseekers (unless you received more than 50,000 Euro).

If your hours are reduced by more than half, and this continues for 4 weeks, you can apply for voluntary redundancy, which again will not affect your Jobseekers entitlement.

If you do agree to a reduction of your hours, make sure that you put in writing that you only agree this as a temporary measure, asking for regular review of the measures and reserving your right to withdraw your agreement at any time.

If this is imposed on you because it is industry standard, make sure you regularly write to your employer asking for a review, at least once every 3 months.

If you can agree the cut in hours so that you're only working 3 days a week, you can claim a Jobseekers payment for the other 3 days (Jobseekers work on a 6 day week). If you have children, and your income drops below income limit for your family size, you may be eligible for Family Income Supplement instead, depending on which is more beneficial.

For more information on FIS see - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/family_income_supplement.html

For more information on reduced hours and your rights, see here - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/contracts_of_employment/being_asked_to_reduce_your_hours_of_work.html

Advertisement