Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How exactly does the dole work

Options
  • 06-03-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I've never been on the dole but considering so many people in this country are I was curios how it works? Can any Irish person just get FREE money if they aren't working? Do they haw to pay it back in the future if they earn loads or is it forgotten about? Also are people on the dole allowed to save their change from the dole if they have any? Is it their money? Sory for all the questions but why is a person who is rich not allowed get the dole? It's a bit unfair cos the rich person maybe tried very hard to save money yet people on the dole can save free money... If a rich person has 10grand in a savings acc it is legally theirs and nobody can take if from them.. What I wonder is what if a person claiming the dole keeps 50euro a week and puts it in their savings acc and builds it up to 10grand is that just as much theirs as the rich persons was theirs? I.e. Is it 100% theirs legally even tho they got it for free and the rich person earned theirs??? Ok fair enuf don't let people starve but are they legally allowed save the money? Also if a person with 10grand in savings but no job wants to get the dole.. Will they be allowed get the dole? Cud the bank take their 10grand savings and give it to the government if they claimed the dole or wud that be illegal for the bank to do that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement