Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info needed about switching from JSA to dole.

Options
  • 06-03-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

In December I had my JSA cut and went to a meeting 6 weeks ago about getting back on JSA while still working part time. I was told that I would have to be means tested and it could take anything up to four months, but to keep handing in my slips every week as my payments would be back dated. Last week I was let go from work and went into the dole office to make them aware and hand in my p45. Just wondering does anyone know how long will take to get my back dated payments and also can I start signing on straight away and getting my dole as I currently have no source of income. I was given a temp card for going to the post office but wasn't told when I can begin signing on, only that I would receive information in the post, but havent heard anything or received any information so far. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Call in to your local community welfare officer and apply for the supplementary payment while you are waiting for your JSA claim to be sorted.

Advertisement