Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medical card, dentist

Options
  • 25-02-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

does the medical card still cover dentist visits?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

darego wrote: »
    does the medical card still cover dentist visits?

cheers

check up and 2 fillings a year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ohwell

And partial or full dentures if they're needed - as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Manda76

gustafo wrote: »
    check up and 2 fillings a year,
    Do all dentists do this or only some of them? my son badly needs fillings he is
    ten so I'm hoping he can get them done on the medical card. I rang one dentist here in Killarney, first number I found online and she said it was 80 euro per filling for my son..I hope they are all not like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 peanut970

Manda76 wrote: »
    ten so I'm hoping he can get them done on the medical card. I rang one dentist here in Killarney, first number I found online and she said it was 80 euro per filling for my son..I hope they are all not like that.
    Your son would be covered by the HSE dental sevice if he is only 10, All children under 16 are covered by this, they usually get check ups in 2nd,4th and 6th class,but if there is a problem inbetween these check ups you can make an appointment. The dentist is usually based in a local health centre.
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I went to the dentist at the Park Clinic above Dalys. I had no problem with the medical card, and I found him very good. I don't know what the rules are about posting numbers and stuff, but if you want his number I can PM it to you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

do what peanut said. your son will not be covered for medical card treatment from a family dentist, you will have to go to the HSE clinic.
    and for the record, it's 2 emergency fillings.... it's all about how you word it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Manda76

I went to the dentist at the Park Clinic above Dalys. I had no problem with the medical card, and I found him very good. I don't know what the rules are about posting numbers and stuff, but if you want his number I can PM it to you :)
    If you can PM me his number that would be great, thanks.

I rang the health clinic and was told they are so busy I would have to ring my own private dentist..also my son is in 4th class but hasn't received the letter yet about going to the dentist, so he probably won't even get to go with all the cutbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Does your son not get treament through the school?

I had forms sent out to me from the local HC Centre through the school for the dentist.

He should be covered for a filling under his medical card, ring your local health care centre it may be different here in meath i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

children under 16 are not covered by the medical card for the dentist, like the previous post, they are covered by the HSE, so you will need to contact your local health centre but surely he would of been seen in school and if so that dentist is the one you should bring him too...best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

If you can PM me his number that would be great, thanks.

I rang the health clinic and was told they are so busy I would have to ring my own private dentist..also my son is in 4th class but hasn't received the letter yet about going to the dentist, so he probably won't even get to go with all the cutbacks.

If you go through your family dentist then you may have to pay, my son had tootheache last year he was 9 there were no appointments at the HSE dentist so i had to go private, and got billed for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

if you ring the clinic and stress to them its an emergency, or else the dentist behind dalys, iv heard there good there.

Advertisement