Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Results Thread

Options
  • 18-08-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

How did you get on with French? I was expecting a bit of a disaster, but I ended up with a B2:).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

C1 haha. Makes a farce of the education system when all I did was half learn some idioms the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

kev9100 wrote: »
    How did you get on with French? I was expecting a bit of a disaster, but I ended up with a B2:).

same. my teacher said if i worked hard i could maybe get a c3.... i ended up with a B3!!. very very happy indeed...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

my vocab was atrocious on the day....so lucky i scraped a C1 :P

i felt like the only person in the room who didn't know what remote control was in the listening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

A2 :eek: Guess that summer in France last year paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I got a B2 aswel, really happy because I though the Listening and the Comprehensions were pretty hard! I think the Oral boosted me up a good bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

got an A1! My teacher said that it would never happen unless i spent several weeks in France as my oral skills were atrocious. I proved her wrong:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

dynamot wrote: »
    got an A1! My teacher said that it would never happen unless i spent several weeks in France as my oral skills were atrocious. I proved her wrong:D

I hate teachers like that. They're supposed to encourage. Still, you did well in the end:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I got an A1. :) I was happy with it, but tbh I always found the language requirement a bit unfair, as not everybody can learn them easily. Though I suppose you can always cram them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

B2! Happy enough, considering my oral was a whole-scale disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

B2!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

I got an A1. :) I was happy with it, but tbh I always found the language requirement a bit unfair, as not everybody can learn them easily. Though I suppose you can always cram them.

I got an A1 too my only 1 though and every1 expected me to get 600 points :o:o
    really weird day :confused::p:confused:
    my principal was like are you ok and stuff ... so embarrassing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

A1...really happy, didnt get grinds, r go 2 leeson street (not trying to have a go at leeson st btw), r even have a teacher 4 half d year...i basically went on the internet and printd off as much as i cud and taught myself french on my own....so pleasd!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

got a B3!! delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

HL B1, Thrilled:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I got an A2, was delighted with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I got an A1, incredibly happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Went from a B2 in ordinary last year to a B2 in honours this year....delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

went from a C3 last year to a B3 this year..! i'm ecstatic..! my french teacher has probably passed out with shock somewhere..! :pac:

I got an A1 too my only 1 though and every1 expected me to get 600 points :o:o
    really weird day :confused::p:confused:
    my principal was like are you ok and stuff ... so embarrassing :rolleyes:

know how u feel...got 535 but i tink sum ppl wer lookin at me like wheres d 600 lol...ppl were just too expectant...i tink i was just the biggest evr fish in a very little pond lol

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I got a B1:) very happy.

• Advertisement

I got an A2, I've never gotten an A in French in my life so I'm delighted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

kmhenry wrote: »
    know how u feel...got 535 but i tink sum ppl wer lookin at me like wheres d 600 lol...ppl were just too expectant...i tink i was just the biggest evr fish in a very little pond lol
    Well done on your results! :)

Please note that textspeak is not welcome on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

kmhenry wrote: »

people just like to bring others down I think like would it really kill them to say "well done" really good great results !?! :mad:

You're going to repeat now you didn't get med. - or are you sure you don't have it ??

Chemistry was awful too I feel your pain with that ....

and lets not even talk about Biology =P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

HL C3....a fantastic shock because I was convinced I was going to fail it but yaaaay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I'm proud of my D2:pac::cool:

I didn't learn anything for 2 years because I intended going down to pass but the pass teachers always checked homework and I didn't want to do homework so I stayed in the honours class for the 2 years - that and my teachers kept saying wait til christmas and see then, wait til easter and see then, wait til the sumemr and see then... etc etc etc

learned 2-3 yokes off the night before to cover me for a letter or whatever is on the pass paper as I intended to drop down - went into the classroom intending to drop down - then when she came round with the papers I just said here **** it sur - I don't need french anyways and I took the honours paper and I passed it :D:D:D

wonder what I could have got if I could have actually taken a liking to the subject but I've hated it with a passion since first year and could never study for it...

I learned 1 page off for the oral - basically a typed sheet on the hostory of AC/DC for the document that I translated with google translator and learned that word for word only for the examiner to ask me 1 question on it and move on so.... and ended up walking into a conversation about bullying on the internet...

thank god I'm finished with that hateful subject - hated evey last minute of it and with that I finish talking about french forever:D:D:D:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I got a C2 in HL French and I was thrilled with that. Was always my weakest subject.

Well done on your results! :)

Please note that textspeak is not welcome on this site.

Oh i never knew...oops :o
    i was really happy with my results though...please don't think of me as someone who's gutted with 535 but i can still understand if people do be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Got an A1!:) Worked my ass off for it day and night. My only A1, but it was the exact subject I wanted one in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

got a D2 (higher level). Wasn't happy at all. I mean the paper wasn't an A standard, not by a long shot, but i would have thought maybe a C, especially since I got a C in the mocks. I'm gonna view the script then decide on an appeal or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement