Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French and History Wenesday.

Options
  • 15-06-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow is going to be absolutely horrendous. At least it will be over soon:D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Words cannot describe how scared I am for the next 48 hours.
    I have 50% of my leaving cert for points! French, History, Biology. :(

Why French and History on the same day? Whyyyy?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Having French and History on the same day is gonna shaft me for Biology on Thursday. I have had no time to do work on Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I do German and History. :P

German isn't till Friday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

French and history on the same day... Another example of the piss poor quality of the leaving cert time table...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

Only thing getting me through it is knowing about half my history class is in the same boat as me! Feel bad for people that had irish p2 and business today too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Am I the only one happy about French and History on Wednesday!? My 2 favourite and strongest subjects? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 missmichelle91

ha im just so happy irish is over forever:P
    i know i should be worries about french and biology but im not... yet
    im pretty good at biology but as for french i got a C in the mocks
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Its stupid:mad::mad:
    I have french and his tomorrow...
    They should have 1 subject per day and give me a break - im so unbelievably screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

fufureida wrote: »
    French and history on the same day... Another example of the piss poor quality of the leaving cert time table...

I agree
    or - D'accord :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

I do German and History. :P

German isn't till Friday. :D

I've noticed that in many of your posts, you're being so unpleasant to others. Why? It doesn't help others at all. You should look out for each other. You remind me of my 2nd years - quite immature :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I'm quite scared for tomorrow...more history though cuz I'm currently trying to learn off the whole syllabus in the next 12 hours....fun times! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Mau5

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    I agree
    or - D'accord :)

"Je suis d'accord" you mean :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    I'm quite scared for tomorrow...more history though cuz I'm currently trying to learn off the whole syllabus in the next 12 hours....fun times! :D

The two exams will be much more traumatic if you don't go to sleep early tonight. You won't be able to focus as well.

I got at 5 this morning (!!!) to look over Irish. I was slightly tired for the exam, and made silly mistakes that I don't normally make. Good job I had time to proof-read at the end. My worst one was

"Tháinig major athrú ar Eoin i gClare sa Spéir"

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Sooooooooooo soooooooo screwed :)

Had Irish and business today. I've been up since 4.30am.

French and History tomorrow, looking like i'm gonna have to do the same tbh!

I'm thinking of concentrating on:

CnaG + FF

Hungarian uprising/vatican II

help for D+D? PLEASE!

Sunningdale/Coleraine

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

I'm risking my whole exam on studying:

Sunningdale

CnaG + FF

Rise of fascism (Italy + Germany)

Economic Boom in USA.

Let's see how lucky I get.

teacher30 wrote: »
    I've noticed that in many of your posts, you're being so unpleasant to others. Why? It doesn't help others at all. You should look out for each other. You remind me of my 2nd years - quite immature :(
    I really don't care what you think. Clearly the smileys indicated I was just teasing. If anyone was offended, they need a sense of humour transplant.

On the note of looking out for others, I have answered many questions people asked, truthfully, and they thanked me, on subjects like maths, chemistry, history, and accounting. I suggest you look at more of my posts before making your judgements.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I really don't care what you think. Clearly the smileys indicated I was just teasing. If anyone was offended, they need a sense of humour transplant.

On the note of looking out for others, I have answered many questions people asked, truthfully, and they thanked me, on subjects like maths, chemistry, history, and accounting. I suggest you look at more of my posts before making your judgements.

I've always found you very helpful. You gave me great advice about timing in Accounting, and very talented at maths judging by your contributions to the Maths Aftermath threads.

But I normally don't like going into that Maths Aftermath thread because everyone is saying 'So easy, definite A1, 100%, easily" etc. and it makes me feel worse. I thought I did ok in the maths paper, but if everybody did well the marking scheme will be very difficult, and I'm afraid that will knock me down - I'm good at maths but very prone to basic mistakes. I just remember I forgot the +C on both Integration on Q8 and Integration by Parts on Paper 2 Q8. Such a stupid thing to lose marks for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

RyanK wrote: »
    I'm risking my whole exam on studying:

Sunningdale

CnaG + FF

Rise of fascism (Italy + Germany)

Economic Boom in USA.

Let's see how lucky I get.

thats pretty much what im doin...xcept i looked at coleraine
    and the moon landing and church state relations

u have a 1/192 chance of that happening..at the most....best of luck!!!!!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

if it isn't buzz killington

• Advertisement

I've always found you very helpful. You gave me great advice about timing in Accounting, and very talented at maths judging by your contributions to the Maths Aftermath threads.

But I normally don't like going into that Maths Aftermath thread because everyone is saying 'So easy, definite A1, 100%, easily" etc. and it makes me feel worse. I thought I did ok in the maths paper, but if everybody did well the marking scheme will be very difficult, and I'm afraid that will knock me down - I'm good at maths but very prone to basic mistakes. I just remember I forgot the +C on both Integration on Q8 and Integration by Parts on Paper 2 Q8. Such a stupid thing to lose marks for!
    Don't worry. All of the people posting full solutions saying "these are the correct answers" had multiple mistakes too. Very few people in the country will get 100%. Truthfully I doubt I will, there must be some mistake somewhere I have overlooked.

A lot of people who are very good at maths (me included, to a degree) tend to be overconfident, from what I find. And it's safe to say that people who did well will be more inclined to shout about it than those who didn't. I'm sure you will do fine. Things like +C are only worth 3 marks maximum anyway.

I'll stop hijacking the thread now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Oh it's quite clear you don't care what i think! Likewise!

Oh it's quite clear you don't care what i think! Likewise!
    I will undoubtedly cry myself to sleep over this revelation.

Advertisement