Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how's the study going?

Options
  • 04-04-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I don't know about anyone else but I'm using this week to cram absolutely everything in and do as many exam questions I can. It's a struggle, but as long as I stick to the timetable I get the work done.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Dire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Whats study?

Did a few bits the start of last week, have slackened off a bit. Have a few more assignments to do still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Not happening!!:(.....hopefully will do some this week with the orals next monday!!!!getting real close till the actual thing now:)getting excited for it all to be over soon!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Jaysus I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. I've done no study over the Easter (have done a bit of homework though). Next Wednesday will be exactly 9 weeks until the exams.

I'm really worried about the orals. They make me very nervous (whereas I'm not usually nervous for written exams), and 25% is an important deciding factor in what grade you get in those subjects (HL French and HL Irish).

Once the orals are over, we'll be talking around 7 weeks until the exams (which sounds very scary) so I imagine that from then on it will be a final sprint to the finish. I can't wait until the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'm really worried about the orals. They make me very nervous (whereas I'm not usually nervous for written exams), and 25% is an important deciding factor in what grade you get in those subjects (HL French and HL Irish).

Completely agree with this. I'm a fairly competent French speaker but the idea of speaking French to an examiner always makes me VERY nervous which makes me make stupid mistakes :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I'm nervous about the orals but my studying for them isn't reflecting that. Keep forgetting it's next week. But I suppose there's not much more you can do at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Well Zam some study beats no study. You never know, you might learned off some phrase that will save your butt in the exam :D.

Now someone give that piece of advice to me so I would start studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's strange. Now that the finishing line is in sight, I am not feeling nervous. It's almost as if I don't mind how I'll do because it will be over in no time.

That said, I still need to do a lot of work this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

None done at all..The only thing i've done over easter is my construction portfolio.

Plenty of time for study after easter :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

Well H2student some study beats no study. You never know, you might learned off some phrase that will save your butt in the exam

(cringe!, sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Thanks elmo! You're a true friend! "Runs off to study"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's really hard to study when there are so many other things you want to do (going out etc). I wrote up a timetable so I just have to stick to it, I already had a week of doing the bare minimum :o. Getting rid of distractions could be a good start.

Getting rid of distractions could be a good start.

Maybe you could start with boards.ie? :D
    :

kev9100 wrote: »
    Maybe you could start with boards.ie? :D
    :

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I'm on the internet for my homework and boards is just so tempting, i'll get off it eventually.

Well, I did absolutely **** all today. I tried to do a history essay today but I kept asking myself the question: "Do I really need to know about the pre war economy in Germany?" :mad:

I did manage to get off the computer :D I spent most of the day organising folders though :o Hoping it will help me when it comes to studying. I did however do an opinion question in French, short questions in Geography, a few revision sheets in Maths and a bit of studying. Not a day well spent but could have been worse. I'm getting up early tomorrow to get everything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Did a chunk of a biology paper today. Planned to do more, but hey, at least I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Revised 2 Biology chapters and did exam q's on them. Did 3 exam questions from Physics. Hope to get up early tomorrow:rolleyes: Might listen to some French before I go to bed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Well, I did absolutely **** all today. I tried to do a history essay today but I kept asking myself the question: "Do I really need to know about the pre war economy in Germany?" :mad:
    I don't think you do!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Oi! Less of that! :) Perhaps that was a good reason as to why the war began. If you knew enough about it, you could use it as the single reason as to why Germany went to war! Handy question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

i swear ill start tomorrow :D

theowen wrote: »
    I don't think you do!:p

Unfortunately I think I do. It can be linked with a question on how Hitler came to power or you might have to compare it with the pre-war economy in Britain:(

Advertisement