Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself / Roll call 2011-2012

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

I was given this idea by another mod on boards for here.
    Introduce yourself here, and tell us what course you are doing and what year you are in :)

I'll start off!

I'm going into 3rd year computing, focusing on programming. I'm 24 and this is my second time in college, did Business Management in DIT the first time around

Who's next? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

I'm heading into 4th year Marketing Management and I enjoy my course hugely. Looking forward to the proposed new Mac Lab for the School of Business also!:D

I'm 21 and took a year out after my LC before applying for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

I am the enemy - Staff!

I was also a Computing student at RTC Tallaght ( remember those days anyone ! ) back in the dim and distant past.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm in the same class as BrynW up there.

Currently out on work placement. It is a blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Teferi wrote: »
    I'm in the same class as BrynW up there.

Currently out on work placement. It is a blow.

And who would you be?! Pm me if you like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

3rd year mech eng. like sugarman dont think that there is many of us left either.
    man this forum could really do with a good injection of activity, fair play brynw for trying hope its not all in vain.

Dave

• Advertisement

3rd year mech eng. like sugarman dont think that there is many of us left either.
    man this forum could really do with a good injection of activity, fair play brynw for trying hope its not all in vain.

Dave

Cheers Dave, but it will take more than me....sp get posting peoples ;)

BrynW wrote: »
    And who would you be?! Pm me if you like!

Rob. Not the gay Rob, the other Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

Im going into my first year in computer science and by the looks of things, I am by far the youngest at only 17...:D

Ah yeah there are always a couple of younger students, we have 2 or 3 that were 17 in 1st year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ex-staff member, used to lecture various computing related subjects.

Also ex-mod and occasional lurker. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

2nd year h.dip pharma technology - part time - 32 and the oldest i reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Well you aren't the oldest student in the college that I have come across. I remember a guy in his forties doing a full time course when I was in first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Scorchio MK7

Going into my first year and im doing computing, i'm only 17 which makes me one of the younger ones, looking foward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sharkbite29

Going into my first year computing too, but at the ripe old age of twenty nine, better late than never eh :) have to say i am nervous about the whole thing because of my age but sure i look forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Hello all, just about to start my first year of college, not exactly a whipper snapper myself, at 28. Doing IT Managment, looking forward to it, but a little nervous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

macrubicon wrote: »
    I am the enemy - Staff!

I was also a Computing student at RTC Tallaght ( remember those days anyone ! ) back in the dim and distant past.
    I remember those days, granted I was still in Secondary school at the time, but still:p
    Well you aren't the oldest student in the college that I have come across. I remember a guy in his forties doing a full time course when I was in first year!
    My dad is currently doing marketing or commerce in ITT Dublin, going into his third year too, he's in his forties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭-DuMbGuM-

I'm booting up for year two of Audio Visual Media, had plenty of laughs last year, looking forward to many more! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Devilman

Hi, i'm going into 3rd year on the BSc Computing at the not too tender age of 30

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Donnchadha

Going int first year.

Doing Business management.:)

Anymore people lurking out there? Come in and say hello!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I'm Aisling, a 20 year old first year doing Euro studies.. its goin well so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Same class as Bryn and that Teferi eejit. Jonathan, 3rd year computing...Not going well so far for me :D

Same class as Bryn and that Teferi eejit. Jonathan, 3rd year computing...Not going well so far for me :D

I dont think it's going well for anybody in our class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RobotRob

Teferi wrote: »
    Rob. Not the gay Rob, the other Rob.

I take offence. What you should have said was; Not the good looking Rob.

I'm in 3rd year Computing along with the others. Much fun to be had in programming this year ;)

RobotRob wrote: »
    I'm in 3rd year Computing along with the others. Much fun pain to be had in programming this year ;)

Fixed that for you!

Come on people, stop lurking and get posting!

And Lucy, i'm looking in your direction! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iamnotamoose

DOH!!:eek:

DOH!!:eek:

About time you joined and started posting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JamIsForHeroes

just going 19 on the 1st, heading itt in sept to do Creative digital media, picked it over carlow so im hoping its going to be worth it.

• Advertisement

Yo Bryn, change this to 2009/2010!

Advertisement