Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will Donegal vote in the Marriage Equality referendum?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,833 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In my opinion, no voters were either backward or else simply not intelligent enough to be able to separate the nonsense from the issue being voted on.

That's the marvellous thing about opinions though; we're all entitled to one. :)
    You're right about opinions and mine is that posting insulting comments like that is not acceptable.

On a more general note you all know what the topic is and up until today I have let a lot of things go but as its getting a bit personal now please be careful with the content of your posts and keep to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

muffler wrote: »
    You're right about opinions and mine is that posting insulting comments like that is not acceptable.

On a more general note you all know what the topic is and up until today I have let a lot of things go but as its getting a bit personal now please be careful with the content of your posts and keep to the topic.
    Not sure how my post can be taken as being insulting or getting a bit personal as there's absolutely no indication whether the poster I responded to voted yes or no.
    If stating an opinion on an issue that (almost) literally divided the county 50/50 is insulting or offensive, then it says a lot more about others than it does about my comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

If stating an opinion on an issue that (almost) literally divided the county 50/50 is insulting or offensive, then it says a lot more about others than it does about my comment.

An opinion can be insulting or offensive because it depends on the content of the opinion and not how evenly the issue is split. And it's 62/38, which is closer to a two-thirds majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

An opinion can be insulting or offensive because it depends on the content of the opinion and not how evenly the issue is split. And it's 62/38, which is closer to a two-thirds majority.

I know right. Literally not 50/50 in ANY WAY. :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Donegal was a long way off from being a 62/38 split.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Donegal was a long way off from being a 62/38 split.

Sorry I misread your comment as being about the county instead of the country.

Advertisement