Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA to JSB

• 07-03-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Folks quick question if you can help,have been on job seekers allowance since Oct 2010 after being made redundant then,since april 2011 have managed to get three days work and have being sending in casual dockets since then.In September last I got a letter saying my time was coming to an end on JSA so I brought them in all the info they needed for review for JSB, they told me at that time it would be March before my claim expired anyway,I have now this week not got my weekly cheque and on ringing the SW office they have told me my claim is now up and my review is on the relevant persons desk to be looked at today but to continue sending the dockets in anyway,does anyone know how long it takes from being on someones desk to getting an answer know its a how long is a piece of string question but hopfully you good people may know,many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

INUTERO wrote: »
    Hi Folks quick question if you can help,have been on job seekers allowance since Oct 2010 after being made redundant then,since april 2011 have managed to get three days work and have being sending in casual dockets since then.In September last I got a letter saying my time was coming to an end on JSA so I brought them in all the info they needed for review for JSB, they told me at that time it would be March before my claim expired anyway,I have now this week not got my weekly cheque and on ringing the SW office they have told me my claim is now up and my review is on the relevant persons desk to be looked at today but to continue sending the dockets in anyway,does anyone know how long it takes from being on someones desk to getting an answer know its a how long is a piece of string question but hopfully you good people may know,many thanks.

It appears you are going from JSB to JSA rather than the other way round. JSA is means tested. I am surprised that they do not have your means sorted at this stage in view of the fact that you brought all the relevant documents in to them in September. I am also surprised that they are not looking for more up to date bank details from you and payslips as September was 6 months ago and your financial situation may have changed since then. It is normal practice to send out JSA means testing letter about 2 months before someones JSB exhausts.... 6 months seems very far in advance. While you are waiting for the change over from jsb to jsa you can go to your community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance. Any monies paid by the cwo will be paid back to swa scheme from the back dating of your jsa claim.

Advertisement