Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Smoke

Options
  • 25-06-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Anyone know where I'd get liquid smoke in Dublin?
    City / South

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not in Dublin but a good Supervalu near me has Ainsley Harriots spray on BBQ seasoning, which is pretty much liquid smoke.
    You could try one near you.
    Its in a black trigger bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I tried it and I didn't think it was like liquid smoke at all. Very watery consistency and not a great flavour. I always think shop bought sauces taste too sweet. I want savoury dammit!

Any one else know? Come on one of us must!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sorry, don't know of any Dublin based sellers, but

Ebay International Sellers

Or if the USA if too far, MSK-Ingredients are in Bristol and will ship to Ireland.

Also if you search Google.ie for some of the brands listed on the ebay page, you might get lucky.

You could also try www.Infusions4chefs.co.uk - they sell liquid smoke, reasonably cheap. Not sure on shipping costs to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I just got some "sel fume" in fallon and byrne. Its smoked salt. Smells wicked smokey but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that's some useto you?

What are you going to use it in do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

Saw a thread about this before, it's not available in Ireland, shame really, I wanted to make BBQ sauce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Would like to buy a bottle to complete a BBQ sauce recipe. It imparts a Hickory flavour.
    Can get it in UK but postage is dear enough.
    Asian Market but I don't think so.

.....and yes, had my first BBQ last weekend. Half leg of lamb in a Weber kettle. Doing 2 Beer Can Chickens tomorrow. Yipee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I got liquid smoke in Mortons of Beechwood a few months ago. How do you prefer to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

faigs wrote: »
    I got liquid smoke in Mortons of Beechwood a few months ago. How do you prefer to use it?

Must head to Mortons!!:)

I usually bring back a couple of bottles from the US every year. Nearly out of the stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

If you can't fine liquid smoke, try using smoked paprika. you can find it in polish shops sometimes. try fallon and byrne. it's works great in BBQ sauces and on everything else from scrambled eggs to pork loin to chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was going to suggest Mortons in Beechwood as well, they definitely have this by the BBQ sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Anyone know if its possible to buy liquid smoke in Ireland? Want to make my own bbq sauce and all the recipes mention liquid smoke but I cant find it in Dunnes or Tesco

Another thread merge...

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tcmouse

Kimia wrote: »
    Hi all

Anyone know where I'd get liquid smoke in Dublin?
    City / South

Thanks!
    Just looking myself and found
    http://www.americanfood.ie/
    Check their stockists

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wideraudience

I bought Stubb's Liquid Smoke in Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer street two days ago. Enjoy.

Many thanks, would you know if they would have Smoked Soy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wideraudience

Sorry not a clue but F&B stock loads of speciality sauces so its as good a place as any to start.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone know anywhere on the north side of dublin city that sell liquid smoke? i've made some pulled pork and am also trying to find a bbq sauce that isn't too sickly sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

liquid smoke is illegal in the E.U. I thought.

Yet another thread merge.

The forum search function is your friend. ;)

tHB

Ronano, I got it in Fallons & Byrnes in Exchequer St. recently. However it was not there during the Summer. I also got it in Gleeson'
    s in Booterstown Ave,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

Try: www.americanfood.ie , there are some irish retailers: www.americanfood.ie/Articles.asp?ID=251,
    I bought Stubb's Liquid Smoke in Blacklion Store, Greystones, Co. Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yet another thread merge.

The forum search function is your friend. ;)

tHB

Resisting the urge to create a new topic on liquid smoke just to irritate the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Fresh on Camden Street has it in their American products section.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone seen Hickory Liquid Smoke in Fallon & Byrne recently? I searched on Mortons of Beechwood website and they no longer seem to stock it or at least its not coming up. Hopefully F&B still have it or failing that has anyone seen it in Fresh lately? If so which location?

Also what kind of concentrations do you use it in, is it really strong stuff? Like if you had 200ml of BBQ sauce how much liquid smoke would you add to get a decent hickory flavour without it being too over powering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I think they may have it in Fresh at Grand Canal Square. I'll have a look when I'm in there this evening and report back!

Advertisement