Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ reception on a larger TV screen

• 15-08-2004 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am seriously tempted to upgrade to a Toshiba 36ZP38, i.e. 36" widescreen 100 Hz TV, but as I have a very good reception on my 32" Philips 50 Hz widescreen TV from my Sky+ box I am a little concerned that the picture quality might deteriorate, i.e. same information over a larger screen size. My bottom line is that in no way will I trade my good picture quality of the 32" for a possible inferior quality of the larger 36" screen.

Can anyone advise me - especially someone who has upgraded to a large screen - will the quality of the Sky digital reception hold up?

Comments

As the recent proud owner of a philips 42" plasma and a sky plus box I can tell you that there is no degradation in quality on the recordings or the live signal that I have noticed :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Artefacts are more noticeable from channels that share transponder space with too many other channels, but as these are seldom watched by many, I doubt if you'll have any problem especially when the jump is only an extra 4 inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BrianPK wrote:
    Can anyone advise me - especially someone who has upgraded to a large screen - will the quality of the Sky digital reception hold up?

would the shop not do a demonstartion for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

BrianPK wrote:
    I am seriously tempted to upgrade to a Toshiba 36ZP38, i.e. 36" widescreen 100 Hz TV, but as I have a very good reception on my 32" Philips 50 Hz widescreen TV from my Sky+ box I am a little concerned that the picture quality might deteriorate, i.e. same information over a larger screen size. My bottom line is that in no way will I trade my good picture quality of the 32" for a possible inferior quality of the larger 36" screen.

I use toshiba 40 " with superb results, just make sure RGB enabled on digibox and fully wired scart lead used

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement