Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ Failed recordings

• 14-08-2004 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Has anyone else had failed recordings when dual recording from BBC1 BBC2 since the new firmware upgrade? I never had any problems with dual record before this upgrade but it's happened 3 times since.....

Cheers

Ae

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thrillseeker

I had a case (one time only) where I was recording a program on BBC2 9.00 to 9.30 and one on RTE1 at 9.30. The program on RTE1 did not start recording until the BBC2 recording was finished and indicated "PART REC".
    Does this match with your experience?

It seems to be a known problem and has happened to me a few times since the upgrade too.
    Theres a lot of chatter on digital spy and other UK fora about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

I have had failed recordings "Reason Unknown" on a few channels notably E4,TV3,& UK People since the upgrade on a 91% full drive which never gave a single problem until the upgrade.

I have quite a lot of series links set up.Sky gave the textbook answer to me IE: The box is not an archiving device and as such recordings cannot be guareenteed on an almost full disk bla de blah blah,usual rehearsed answer, and that software updates are extensively tested and would never cause any problems-ha ha,and wait for it- They even said as a further test the updates are released to Sky staff on their home equipment to test months in advance in case any errors are found-honestly I am not making this up!!!

I feel really reassured by this given the level of experience/intelligance of some of their customer service phone operators!!

Anyway back to the point- They recommended a full systen reset-which wipes everything on your drive and restores it to an "as new" state, and all is well so far but I am only 12% full so this may be an option if you are sure it is not a signal fault on the second input,which can be a problem with failed recordings.You might not notice it during normal viewing as the primary input is used for that,but the second input may be weaker.Keep an eye on the levels on input 2 from time to time in the services menu to confirm it is not the lnb/alignment at fault.

Advertisement