Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unlikeliest place where you met someone you knew?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Bumped into a guy in Crescent Shopping Centre Limerick.

Nothing strange about that , until I remembered that the last time I saw him was in Iraq in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Walking through China town in Kuala Lumpur and I saw my cousin. Walked up to him, gave him a hug and he was a bit shell shocked to see me.

He was with his friend who says "who's yer wan?". He says"My cousin from home!". Friend says "ah would ya feck off".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Went on holiday to Cyprus years ago with my brother. Turned out the people in the apartment next door were regulars in the restaurant I worked in at the time that I knew fairly well from coming in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Walking on the street. Someone's house. Cafes

Don't know how unlikely all of this is though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I met a lad who lived 200m down the road in the reception of a backpackers place in Brisbane. Hadnt spoken to him in at least 15yrs at that point. Turned out there was a gang of them there and I knew a few more of them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dandy Dandridge

u2 concert Wembly 93 bumped into a trout I knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Tanzania met an old friend from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Sitting in a soul food place in New Orleans having lunch and chatting away. Hear a voice behind me - "LenaClaire... is that you?" One of my friends from school was on holiday there as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I noticed my former school principal, collecting his bag in prague airport. I wasn't on a school tour before anyone ask. This was a number of years after I had finished in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Yogosan

I met my mam during a massive orgy at Berlusconis mansion in Italy. Could not believe it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Some amount of bad attempts at humour on these threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

u2 concert Wembly 93 bumped into a trout I knew.

Ha !

Same here. Those were the gigs where people on the dole got in for free.

The trout I kne was signing on in about 3 different places at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

On a construction site in far east Russia. Our respective homes where we grew up were about 100m apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cpt Sh!t Craic

Coppers.

About 2 weeks ago bumped into a pal from college that I hadn't seen in the last 5 years.

Joyful reminiscing ensued....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Met my dad at the std clinic. We were both there meeting friends for moral support and neither of them showed up. Coincidence or what.

Advertisement