Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Siver on BT Sports 19th Jan. Prelims: Midnight. Main Card: 3am

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

Any word yet if the woodshed or somewhere similar will be showing this card on the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

The Living Room showed the Poirier fight so I'd imagine they will show the Siver fight too. Should be noted that they turned the screens off after Conor's fight, though, so you won't get to see the full card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

moneyman wrote: »
    The Living Room showed the Poirier fight so I'd imagine they will show the Siver fight too. Should be noted that they turned the screens off after Conor's fight, though, so you won't get to see the full card.

Conor be headlining, no fights after him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any specific reason why this is on a Sunday night instead of the usual Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Paully D wrote: »
    Any specific reason why this is on a Sunday night instead of the usual Saturday?

The conference finals of the NFL are on that same day which will be showed on Fox so I guess they are hoping for that massive audience to stay tuned to the UFC which will be on after it .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Hoki wrote: »
    The conference finals of the NFL are on that same day which will be showed on Fox so I guess they are hoping for that massive audience to stay tuned to the UFC which will be on after it .

A lot of Americans will also be off on the Monday too (MLK day), which makes it inviting to shift to a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This card is already getting a big ad push on American TV even two weeks out. First half of the NFL playoff game is currently on the main Fox station and there's been a mid game pop up ad with mention by the commentators along with normal adverts during the breaks. Can only see this increasing in the run up to the fight. Going to be some serious exposure for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

see those ads on fox thoughout the playoff games last night - serious promotion - and purely conor on them - not a word from siver - just all conors promos! hope he does the business... he talks so much that it really makes me uneasy the closer to the fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Joekers

Alvarez is out and Cowboy is in against Ben Henderson for UFC Fight Night Boston LIVE and FREE on @FOXSports1. #Breaking #FightNight #UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Awesome. Should be a great fight.

• Advertisement

All the Irish lads and now Cowboy, couldn't ask for a better Fight Night to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Donald Cerrone is my hero.

This will be his 7th fight in 14 months. Unreal.

Cowboy has lost to Benson twice before so this fight is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Hats off to Cowboy. What an animal. Hope he can take the W here. Vastly different and improved fighter since he and Bendo met last time. 2011 was it?

On paper it would be a razor thin decision win for Cowboy imo.

Title eliminator with Khabib for the winner perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Sorry guys I know its prob been answered before but will this card be on BT Sports on the night? Or will it be on UFC fight pass/club? Trying to find the easiest way to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

srumball wrote: »
    Sorry guys I know its prob been answered before but will this card be on BT Sports on the night? Or will it be on UFC fight pass/club? Trying to find the easiest way to watch it

It's on BT Sports . So delighted Cowboy is stepping in for Alvarez, 2 fights in 2 weeks for him, gotta respect that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ciano316 wrote: »
    Donald Cerrone is my hero.

This will be his 7th fight in 14 months. Unreal.

Cowboy has lost to Benson twice before so this fight is huge.

Didnt realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

Hoki wrote: »
    bruins playing in same venue on the saturday night also. nhl season schedule came out ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jesus Cowboy is a madman, 15 day turnaround. Crazy when you look at some professional boxers who fight maximum 2 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Will this be on the fightpass or will you have to pay extra for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

shano_88 wrote: »
    Will this be on the fightpass or will you have to pay extra for it?

It will be on fightpass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Fúck it give Cerrone the title shot if he wins this one.

Excited for this

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

This time next week, giddy levels be through the roof. Bring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Are TV3 showing this or is just BT Sport?

Not sure if TV3 are, but if they aren't, you can just sign up for the free week trail of fightpass next week and get it on that.

Seems like only yesterday I was walking out of the o2, Can't believe its Sunday week!

• Advertisement

A short interview with Norman Parke and Conor by the BBC.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/northern-ireland/30697032

They mention that an estimated 4,000 people are travelling to Boston. Could it be that many?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Free fight to get hyped for the Boston fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

It'll be on the usual delay and not live.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gotta love Cowboy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Richy06 wrote: »
    It'll be on the usual delay and not live.

Eh?

Why won't it be live?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Eh?

Why won't it be live?

Because 3e always show the fights on the Monday after the PPV/Fox version has aired that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Because 3e always show the fights on the Monday after the PPV/Fox version has aired that weekend.

I have seen it advertised on 3e so they will have it for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

BT Sports have the rights for the UFC, 3e cant show it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Part of the deal they signed with the UFC for a 48 hour delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Crap! Is this gonna be on in the early hours of Sunday morning? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

As are all UFC events held in the Americas

Edit- Ah you mean early hours Monday morning ... Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Should be kicking off live around 1 or 2am Monday 19th right? That's gonna be a rough day in the office!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Should be kicking off live around 1 or 2am Monday 19th right? That's gonna be a rough day in the office!

11pm early prelims
    Midnight for prelims
    3am main card it says

http://uk.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-boston-2015#/fight

Taking the morning off myself.

Does fight pass have the main event available to stream the morning after? As in could I get up a 9am and watch the event fromthe night before online on fight pass?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ah right, I thought you meant BT will be showing it on delay. That would cause an outrage in my house!

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »
    11pm early prelims
    Midnight for prelims
    3am main card it says

http://uk.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-boston-2015#/fight

Taking the morning off myself.

Does fight pass have the main event available to stream the morning after? As in could I get up a 9am and watch the event fromthe night before online on fight pass?

If it's shown on BT, Fight Pass won't have it afaik. Otherwise why pay BT €20 a month instead of paying €7 or whatever it is for FP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

If it's shown on BT, Fight Pass won't have it afaik. Otherwise why pay BT €20 a month instead of paying €7 or whatever it is for FP.

FightPass has everything other than the PPV main cards. The Boston card will be on it in full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Appears here on FightPass, but sometimes there's blackouts in certain countries. Can't remember where that's listed.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

tbh... the ridiculous time-zone difference and the agonising number of adverts on repeat just make me want to record it and watch it first thing in the morning. Should take 20-30 mins to watch all the fights over brekkie :)

Guys the card is 100% available live on BT and Fightpass.

Not sure if 3e are showing it live, have looked online and there is no announcement yet, so I doubt it, as its the type of thing they'd advertise the **** out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Again 3e cant show any event live, BT have the rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

As are all UFC events held in the Americas

Edit- Ah you mean early hours Monday morning ... Sorry.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't word that correctly. Really hours of Monday morning. No way I won't find out the results in work the next day. Might have to take a half day on Monday

Half day Monday morning it looks like, will stay up and watch on Fight pass. The only other option would be to acquire a torrent early the next morning and watch, but they usually arent out for a while....

FightPass has everything other than the PPV main cards. The Boston card will be on it in full.

As Mellor said, won't it be blacked out because the event was shown on BT?

Could swear it's been like that in the past.

• Advertisement

Advertisement