Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fortnightly Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Bistoman wrote: »
    Its getting to be a right pain in the arse, I missed a delivery this morning, so I will have to go to the local sorting office to collect them later. I dont know if its the missed 2nd delivery, or if its the 3rd. Ill let You all know when I get them. :P
    But yes, this service is unacceptable, When I have My " Free" gifts I will be canceling the subscription, Hopefully I will have something for My troubles.
    p.s. The Mug " Free" gift that came with the first, was Not the one pictured on the website, More like an eggcup than a mug.
    seriously? ah jaysus it just gets worse....they really need to clean up their act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Its getting to be a right pain in the arse, I missed a delivery this morning, so I will have to go to the local sorting office to collect them later. I dont know if its the missed 2nd delivery, or if its the 3rd. Ill let You all know when I get them. :P
    Turns out to be the Missing "Venom" & " Ultimate's" Editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pariah

How long were you waiting?

Well I was expecting them about the 10th of Feb, So almost 2 months :(

Well I was expecting them about the 10th of Feb, So almost 2 months :(

:( I'm waiting on them too, hope they come next week now.....

pervy pervy hulk :P

Just a little update. After emailing them on the 19th March, I finally received this reply:

"Thank you for your email and please accept our profound apologies for the delayed response.

Please be advised that issues 4, 5 and the Zap Book ends were sent out on 20/02/2012. Please confirm if you have received these or if we need to replace them.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance."

Funny the way the date is the same as scaryspacedude, no?

This week it's Incredible Hulk - Silent Screams

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_372.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Received Winter Solder and Silent Screams this morning.
    Never got
    The Ultimates: Super-Human
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
    Thor: Reborn

Very pissed off at this level of service and it's near impossible to get through on the phone

• Advertisement

DeadParrot wrote: »
    Received Winter Solder and Silent Screams this morning.
    Never got
    The Ultimates: Super-Human
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
    Thor: Reborn

Very pissed off at this level of service and it's near impossible to get through on the phone

Exact same thing happened me this morning. Did you email them? I got an email reply asking for my address, or subscription number - so they can try sort the problem out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

@ Dead Parrot recieved the same this morning my 1st delivery after subscribing end of january no Extremis, Ulitmates, Birth of Venom or Thor Reborn for me yet either won't even bother mentioning the stupid free gifts !!

On a side note loved Winter Soldier really enjoyed it blew through in in under an hour couldn't put it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I sent them on an email my subscription number is very low so I felt I'd be 1st on the list :)
    Havent heard back yet though
    After a bit of research it appears they vastly underestimated the popularity of this collection.
    They only did 10k copies of each and have 28k subscribers

DeadParrot wrote: »
    They only did 10k copies of each and have 28k subscribers

But still, even with that problem, their lack of communication is inexcusable

Been away for the last week, So I was very excited to see I missed a delivery from Mr Postie :) Then when I open the box I find Issue 7 & 8, No issue 6 "Thor" or no sign of the"Free" Bag. I think Ill Just trow My hat at it now. The guy outside "Easons" Deserves My custom more than these gob****es do.

Also had an email back from them today to say that my missing 3 and 4 would be on there way shortly ! so if i get them by next week ill be happy to continue

• Advertisement

And this issue its WOLVERINE
    490304-wolverine1_super.jpg

So we should get that in like what 3 months lol ?

Anyone who gets their issues in stores, did any of you find that they hadnt been delivered today? no store in my area got their delivery

All that I've gotten is asked for my number/address & post code......

FOR A SECOND TIME!!

Has anyone received the Missing Thor edition Yet?

• Advertisement

Last I got was Cap America and Hulk

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Anyone who gets their issues in stores, did any of you find that they hadnt been delivered today? no store in my area got their delivery

got mine no problem in easons this morning,the 1st arc of joss whedons astonishing x men

statomosh wrote: »
    got mine no problem in easons this morning,the 1st arc of joss whedons astonishing x men
    hmm what is wrong with carlow then? (well beyond the obvious :P )

So hows everyone doing with these ? got Extremis, Ultimates and birth of Venom in the past 2 weeks so at least there trying recieved my mug and hulk dvd

I got Thor Reborn and Wolverine yesterday. Still missing two though...

Pariah wrote: »
    I got Thor Reborn and Wolverine yesterday.

Same Here, Still think it would have been better to get them in the local store, too much messing with this lot.

Am thinking the same. Still can't figure out how they are still behind in the subscriptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Pariah wrote: »
    Am thinking the same. Still can't figure out how they are still behind in the subscriptions.

On another forum I visit someone mention that they wait for newsagents to return un sold stock and that un sold stock is then sent to subscribers.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    On another forum I visit someone mention that they wait for newsagents to return un sold stock and that un sold stock is then sent to subscribers.

.....I dont even know what to say to that......

McLoughlin wrote: »
    wow...just wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

I never recieved ANYTHING from them, despite many back & forth emails.
    I was/still am very disappointed-I was looking forward to the free gifts especially!
    I had to cancel my subsciption with them in the end, VERY bad show on thei part.

~Kitty

Was in you're spot kitty up to about a month ago but they have been pretty fast in getting me back up to date more or less waiting on Thor and the 2 newest ones now got both Hulk DVD and mug

Was in you're spot kitty up to about a month ago but they have been pretty fast in getting me back up to date more or less waiting on Thor and the 2 newest ones now got both Hulk DVD and mug
    They probably sent you Kitty's

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

I only cancelled the other week after waiting so damn long! I might look into ordering back issues from somewhere else but still super upset about the free gifts! Especially the bookends!

~Kitty

KatieEgg wrote: »
    .. I might look into ordering back issues from somewhere else..
    ~Kitty
    Forbidden Planet are selling the back issues now, It might be worth your time going in and having a look.

I still haven't recieved the bookends if that makes you feel better lol

Same here

I still dont get how people havent received their subscriptions yet :/
    My newsagent never had issue 10 delivered to them so they had to back order it and it came with this weeks...so they're clearly able to deliver...

Issue 10 was X men: Gifted
    OCT041800.jpg?h=31570896916d450b41f066eee368b955&t=1335327933

Issue 11 is Captain Britain
    CaptainBritain.jpg

Seems like a case of forgetting about the subscribers, in place of the shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I have been buying them direct from the shops too. The Thor one was a couple of weeks late, but other than that they are waiting for me to collect them every second weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Hi, did anyone pick up the latest book today? I checked my local easons but they reckon they won't get it until next week...?

Hi, did anyone pick up the latest book today? I checked my local easons but they reckon they won't get it until next week...?
    Got told the same and saw online that people in england and scotland are having same problem :/

That's okay, I'd rather a week's delay than a gap in the collection. I think the next book is an a avengers title, looking forward to it.

That's okay, I'd rather a week's delay than a gap in the collection. I think the next book is an a avengers title, looking forward to it.
    Yep Avengers Forever, i'm more looking forward to what follows...Kraven's last hunt

Didnt particularly enjoy Captain Britain

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

got my copy of avengers forever today in easons in limerick,its never been more than a day late there.

• Advertisement

got my copy of avengers forever today in easons in limerick,its never been more than a day late there.
    must head to my newsagents 2mrw

Thanks for posting that, just rang my local Easons and they have it in stock.
    jpcarlow wrote: »
    Yep Avengers Forever, i'm more looking forward to what follows...Kraven's last hunt

Didnt particularly enjoy Captain Britain

I have Kraven's Last Hunt in trade already and chances are I'm going to buy it again with this collection. It's a good read alright.

I haven't read Captain Britain as yet however I have high expectations with Alan Moore's name on the cover.

I haven't read Captain Britain as yet however I have high expectations with Alan Moore's name on the cover.
    So did I, hence my disappointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dunno if they are trying to capture the time period with each issue of Avengers Forever but Carlos Pacheco really got screwed over by the colouring in these issues. Really makes it look poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Moore's Captain Britain run is really good. Surprised to hear you didn't like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement