Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology self-study?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

You might have seen my prior posts in regards to Biology and not being allowed into a class at school due to lack of space and timetabling. I want to do two sciences for the Leaving as I am aiming for Medicine but only got Chemistry. I've been exempt from Economics on the basis of me doing "Biology outside school"+ Japanese as an eight subject. As you can imagine the school have made it unnecessarily harder for me to study it, but I'm determined to put the work required in and achieve a high grade. I'm not currently attending classes as I believe it's one of the few/only science subjects you could study individually without the aid of a teacher.

Whilst I'm motivated to do very well, I'm wondering what's the best way to go about it?. I have a textbook and have began to make condensed notes whilst testing myself ( with flashcards and I plan to purchase exam papers and print off marking schemes?). In all honesty I'm finding the lack of assessment a bit hard as I don't know exactly where I am. I have asked a peer to list chapters covered in one of the Biology classes and am working through these ( independently of course, with an eye to sitting both the Christmas and Summer exams if one of the Biology teachers is willing to correct it. I'm aware that they aren't obliged to do this but it's no harm asking if I'm putting the work in?

If anyone had any suggestions as to how I should study/ make use of my time dedicated to Biology more productive I would really appreciate any advice!.

Comments

Advertisement