Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint transfer - best way to remove?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It looks rough enough to me Nismo but on my car I managed to scrawl away some scrubbed off paint carefully with a fingernail. Bit of a wax up and it was sound as a pound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I was trying all kinds of cocktails but I was surprised how the other paint just peeled off under my fingernail. Any ol's stuff after that really, once you've removed the paint, a bit of t-cut or compound and a polish and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

A heavy(ish) compound should do the trick. Be prepared to put in a bit of elbow grease!!

From pics on carzone, looks like it needs some paint more then a polish

Advertisement