Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

huntstown to manor street

Options
  • 29-05-2014 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    Got a new job in Manor street and it includes parking.

Any one drive this way in the morning and can comment on traffic? Will be working 9-5.

3 routes I am thinking are
    Straight in navan road
    Castleknock and black horse avenue
    Castleknoxk and phoenix park. Then up quays and left

Any suggestions / advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The 39A might be the best option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Straight down the Navan Rd would be the best option but awful traffic in the mornings. Bus would be quicker most days but then you're reliant on them sticking to their timetable so you wont be late. Personally I would cycle it probably via the park to the ncr gate but that's not everyones cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you're not past the Halfway House roundabout before 7.30 in a car, you're looking at 45 mins+ from D15 to Manor Street.

Mind you it would still take the 39a that long by the time it farts around greater Blanch, and in the car you can dictate you're own sweet tunes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The N3 and then Blackhorse Avenue from the Halfway House roundabout will have you there in no time. Traffic will be heavy on the N3 from around the fly over at the train station but it moves.

It's certainly quicker than the Navan Road, I did the Aquatic Centre to near enough Baggot Street bridge on the canal in around 45 minutes, an hour at the worse, for years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd honestly say get the bus but I haven;t been on the route in a while. I often found evening traffic to be much worse than the mornings for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The N3 and then Blackhorse Avenue from the Halfway House roundabout will have you there in no time. Traffic will be heavy on the N3 from around the fly over at the train station but it moves.

It's certainly quicker than the Navan Road, I did the Aquatic Centre to near enough Baggot Street bridge on the canal in around 45 minutes, an hour at the worse, for years.
    There is a reason that road ( blackhorse Ave) is clear in the mornings, particularly from the Hole in the Wall down to the North Circular.....it's one of the worst road surfaces I've seen, ever. It's shocking, and I'm sure treats any vehicle that navigates it with utter contempt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

dodzy wrote: »
    There is a reason that road ( blackhorse Ave) is clear in the mornings, particularly from the Hole in the Wall down to the North Circular.....it's one of the worst road surfaces I've seen, ever. It's shocking, and I'm sure treats any vehicle that navigates it with utter contempt.

Hasn't some or all of that stretch been resurfaced? I drove down it recently and it was much better than I remembered up to a point and then back to the pot-holey awfulness. But a good stretch was actually smooth and without holes. I suppose a short stretch of crappy road will still do damage.

As said above, it's not that bad. Some of the speed bumps have worn away again but the road surface is fine. As I said I drove it for 10+ years and never had problems with tyres, wheels or suspension, it's not a road you'd drive with any great speed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I drive blanch to city center every day. Granted I leave earlier in the mornings than you would be, but I get into town in around 35-40 mins. Home in the evening can take a bit longer, but never more than an hour and the worst part of that is getting down onto the South quays. If I was driving your route, I'd go via Castleknock, Phoenix Park, out the NCR road gate, turn right down Oxmantown Road and at the bottom you're on Manor Street. Easy peasy.

Blackhorse avenue could be faster going home in the evening, but I prefer the drive through the park. More attractive scenery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Why would you even consider driving this? you have a direct bus route with a bus lane, wouldn't take more than half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Sorry should have added this little important point. I will be dropped the wee man to creche in the morning also at coolmine so would rather keep on the road then double back on myself to get the bus

Why would you even consider driving this? you have a direct bus route with a bus lane, wouldn't take more than half an hour.

Comfort and convenience would be my reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Comfort and convenience would be my reason.

And the job includes parking.

During the summer, go down the navan road. When school starts back Boscos pretty much block up everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

Cut through the gap into Littlepace and take the 70.Its as regular as clockwork.

Advertisement