Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Divx player

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have to say I'm very impressed with the Rock player demo. It is extremely smooth, and it'll slide forwards or backwards through a tv show smoother than VLC or Media Player do on my laptop. It does highlight just how crap the speaker is on the Desire though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Fantastic player. Just tried it out with one of my divx movies and it was flawless

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

U guys changing to the public beta? It expires on 15th July!! :P

If someone has a version without the red 'R' logo in the top left corner of the video could you post a link...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I am trying to install this and both versions keeping coming up with "The application cannot be installed on this phone" ... hc hero on meteor firmware 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It's probably not compatible with the processor in the Hero, it's too slow. Either that or it needs Android 2.1+

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

i'm using a 2.1 rom

downloaded two versions of the program, the one here, when installed was called "demo" and another one when i installed which was called "rock player"

when i try open avi file it goes into landscape mode, then exits out and returns to screen you select file from

am i doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

flugel wrote: »
    i'm using a 2.1 rom

downloaded two versions of the program, the one here, when installed was called "demo" and another one when i installed which was called "rock player"

when i try open avi file it goes into landscape mode, then exits out and returns to screen you select file from

Same thing here, as I said above I'm using the htc hero and tried installing with 1.5firmware but wouldnt let me, got the 2.1 update and now allows me install the .apk but when I try start the app it bring up the folder selection interface , I select a .avi file to play and it too goes landscape for about 2seconds then exits to the main screen of the handset?

I suspect its the processer as was said above, anyone else have this running on a htc hero?

hightower1 wrote: »
    Same thing here, as I said above I'm using the htc hero and tried installing with 1.5firmware but wouldnt let me, got the 2.1 update and now allows me install the .apk but when I try start the app it bring up the folder selection interface , I select a .avi file to play and it too goes landscape for about 2seconds then exits to the main screen of the handset?

I suspect its the processer as was said above, anyone else have this running on a htc hero?

My prob exactly.

Anyone on here got it working on the Hero and if so with what setup, build ROM etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭webels

Have the same problem with Legend and would also love to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

So do I need root access to install the apk Justin linked to?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

hardCopy wrote: »
    So do I need root access to install the apk Justin linked to?

Thanks

I used astro file manager on my stock meteor desire and got it installed that way just put the .apk on the sd card and looked for it using astro.

Super. Telly in the bus tomorrow morning so

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭webels

flugel wrote: »
    i'm using a 2.1 rom

After a bit of reading

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/102360-divx-support-here-rockplayerbase.html

It appears it needs the snapdragon processor to work but future release will work with Legend...

webels wrote: »
    After a bit of reading

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/102360-divx-support-here-rockplayerbase.html

It appears it needs the snapdragon processor to work but future release will work with Legend...

Snap, I only have the Hero :(

Great app. Most of my video is 100 - 300mb MKV format so this is perfect for me.

Now I just need my 16gb SD card.

http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/index_en.html

$9.99 for the ad free version. Bargain IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Aren't they ripping off FFMPEG and the GPL?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Baza210 wrote: »
    Aren't they ripping off FFMPEG and the GPL?
    Aren't they a China-based development team? Ripping off is what they do best.:)
    To be fair, they are providing the product for free (ad-supported), or $9.99 for ad-free.

• Advertisement

Anybody else having trouble with this app?

It worked perfectly until it updated last night, now I can't play MKVs (picture is jumpy and no audio)

Advertisement