Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Pffffttt. I see your Masch-Lucas and raise you a Lucas-Carra.:D

Lucas-Carra in midfield with Masch providing cover for Agger and Skrtel at centre back.

I can understand why people are ambivalent about his highly unlikely return but he could fill a huge hole for us until the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

So lads, its deadline day tomorrow and we all know that Chelsea like to come calling! :D

So, who's it gonna be this time?
    None of them have exactly set the world on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gafferino wrote: »
    I'm not saying I wouldnt want him back - he is class.

Just if their gonna spend 15m on him....would prob be better spent on Cavani!

Cavani would cost well in excess of 30 mill IMO.

Nothing to suggest that Cavani wants to move to Liverpool yet.
    Nothing to suggest that Liverpool aren't willing to spend money on Cavani too.

If Liverpool do move for Mach(and I doubt they will) it's probably because the midfield is light at the moment with Lucas and Spearing out and fresh doubts over Gerrards fitness emerging.

Also there is no guarantee that Lucas will return the same player after such a serious injury or if he does then it will probably take him time to build up to the level he was at before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,401 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Why would Barcelona offload Mascherano anyway? Hasn't he been around their lineup this year?

Such nonesense passes for transfer stories these days. :rolleyes:

So lads, its deadline day tomorrow and we all know that Chelsea like to come calling! :D

So, who's it gonna be this time?
    None of them have exactly set the world on fire!

Aurelio for 15 mill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I don't see Barca letting any players especially someone as versatile as Masch. They are crippled with injuries & need every player they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

amiable wrote: »
    Aurelio for 15 mill

Degen for 15m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

hmmm this is a very very quiet window.
    Anyone heard if that young lad from Lisbon was actually signed?
    David Texeira story seems to have gone quiet.

I think we need cover in midfield and a new striker would be very welcome!

Doesnt look like anything will happen - as Kenny said I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

almighty1 wrote: »
    Oh please, please, please stop with all this PC crap. Coloured isnt a racist term nor disparaging and wasnt even used in either context. So please stop trying to make a point of something that isnt there :rolleyes:
    Wind your neck in. I typed one word and you were able to determine my exact motives? Feck off.

gafferino wrote: »
    hmmm this is a very very quiet window.
    Anyone heard if that young lad from Lisbon was actually signed?
    David Texeira story seems to have gone quiet.

I think we need cover in midfield and a new striker would be very welcome!

Doesnt look like anything will happen - as Kenny said I suppose.

David Texeira deal is supposed to have collapsed because of add ons conditions.

Texeira from Sporting is supposed to have signed up already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Why would Barcelona offload Mascherano anyway? Hasn't he been around their lineup this year?

Such nonesense passes for transfer stories these days. :rolleyes:

I can see them selling Mascherano at the end of the season and come sniffing around for Romeu back from us.

They would make a tidy profit doing that as they can get Romeu on the cheap agreed price from us and would be able to sell Mascherano for upwards of 20m. Romeu would be a better option for Barca than Mascherano because he can pass the ball a lot better and is a quality DM.

Not sure Mascherano would go back to Pool though, didn't he leave for family reasons in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I would happily take Masch back. In fact, we could send Henderson & Adam the other way (or any direction TBH) and I'd still be very happy.
    Been very impressed with Henderson lately tbh he's coming more into his own, I like his general style of play too - nice, simple one touch stuff.

Linked to the Liverpool managers job in the past Jurgen Klopp signs new deal with Borussia Dortmund taking him through to 2016

PaulieC wrote: »
    Been very impressed with Henderson lately tbh he's coming more into his own, I like his general style of play too - nice, simple one touch stuff.

He needs so much more work its not even funny. Sure, he's getting a bit better, and doesn't look so out of his depth, but I really don't see what he adds to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Not sure Mascherano would go back to Pool though, didn't he leave for family reasons in the first place?

This is why the story is probably bs.

JimmyRiceWriter Jimmy Rice
    Dalglish has just revealed all about what he expects to happen in the rest of the transfer window to our cameras. Stay logged on to .tv #LFC

JimmyRiceWriter Jimmy Rice
    Dalglish has just revealed all about what he expects to happen in the rest of the transfer window to our cameras. Stay logged on to .tv #LFC
    I'm betting the answer is "Nothing".

I'm betting the answer is "Nothing".

Me too

Ha...i like Kennys sense of humour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

David Texeira deal is supposed to have collapsed because of add ons conditions.

Texeira from Sporting is supposed to have signed up already.

Haggle over add-ons while spending £35m on Carroll. What a difference a year makes.

Haggle over add-ons while spending £35m on Carroll. What a difference a year makes.

It's only a rumour anyway but I agree with you.

The add on Groningen might have been looking for might be a 50% sell on clause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

What a difference having time to properly negotiate makes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalglish-no-new-senior-players

Kenny Dalglish is adamant that Liverpool will conduct no business in what is left of the transfer window.

The boss expects no new additions to the first-team squad at Melwood before the window closes on Tuesday night.

He said: "There'll be nothing happening here in the transfer window, in or out. There's no need to ask any questions about transfers or speculation or anything else."

Stay logged on to Liverpoolfc.tv for squad news ahead of our clash with Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Well thats CL football gone for lack of a regular goal scorer.

f*(£$%£%$$oook anyway

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Kenny said very similar stuff last year too.

He never lets the cat out of the bag.

It's only a rumour anyway but I agree with you.

The add on Groningen might have been looking for might be a 50% sell on clause?

You think we'd just be able to throw in a few extra million to get rid of something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pretty sure Kenny said very similar stuff last year too.

He never lets the cat out of the bag.

Last year was very different to this year. Only a day left in the window and absolutely no rumours of anyone signing.

I'd be shocked at this stage if we got anyone for the first team.

You think we'd just be able to throw in a few extra million to get rid of something like that.

But then that would be another stick to beat the club with again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Whether we are still after anyone this window and that looks increasing very unlikely Kenny's comments will make it much harder for the **** stirrers to spin some of the rubbish that is being bandied about which I would say was the main aim of why he made the statement.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Jasus. Seems they just can't win.

I'm wondering if JWH's recent visit lead to talks whereby it was agreed to settle for a league cup final and decent run in the FA cup, instead of the top four finish the owners wanted last August?

It might explain the lack of urgency in signing anyone this window, because as it stands we don't have enough to overhaul the teams ahead of us, and surely KK has to realise this.

Big difference between spending an extra £1m-£2m because your original offer is refused then ending up spending an extra £10m-£15m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

wouldnt be surprised if the main reason he said that was just to get back at the reporters who twisted his words about city and bellers...

wouldnt rule out a player coming in yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Maybe they don't trust him with their money after Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

anyone have any idea as to when the everton game is going to be rescheduled?

Looks like Djibril Cisse is on his way to QPR

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ush wrote: »

That's definitely it.

Definitely.

The owners don't trust the manager.

Defo.

It's obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One only needs to think that through

Kenny - I want to buy a striker
    John and Tom - We don't trust you to buy well.
    Kenny - if that's the way you feel about me, bye-ee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am sure he would win them over with a few youtube videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Meh.

Wasn't overly excited about any of the players we'd be seriously linked with over the last couple of weeks. Seemed like buying simply for the sake of buying.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I am sure he would win them over with a few youtube videos.
    Best Cry Ever always gets me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike65 wrote: »
    One only needs to think that through

Kenny - I want to buy a striker
    John and Tom - We don't trust you to buy well.
    Kenny - if that's the way you feel about me, bye-ee!

Kenny would not say that, he knows that my Manager Kess persona is looking to escape the dark recess of my brain it is trapped in.:D

Kenny walking would unleash King Kess on the world once again, and who knows if KK could be stopped this time if the other KK walks off.:p

5586982566_e88715f007.jpg

Best Cry Ever always gets me :pac:

Damn.

I almost hurt myself laughing at that. :D

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Meh.

Wasn't overly excited about any of the players we'd be seriously linked with over the last couple of weeks. Seemed like buying simply for the sake of buying.

This.

Buying just to boost squad numbers would be stupid. In this window we should buy players that are better than what we have in the first team or none at all. Better to keep the money until the summer if better players cannot be brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If we dont secure 4th spot don't be looking at this transfer window to blame .

darced wrote: »

I agree that there are and were a number of good players seemingly available this window, but it could be that Kenny had no interest in them.

Personally three players really caught my eye this window thanks to pricing.

Shaqiri
    Sow
    Hoilett

It would appear that somewhere in the region of about £20 to £23m would have been enough to get all three and I think a case could be made for all three being better than what we currently have in their best positions.

But if the likes of them were not on the radar, then I would prefer if the club spent nothing rather than buy squad filler this window.

mixednuts wrote: »
    If we dont secure 4th spot don't be looking at this transfer window to blame .

True

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement